• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty lame to get cancelled because of a template, especially since this guy doesn't own Fender or anything. This is why ebay is pissing me off more and more everyday. I was watching items and one guys auction of a guitar was taken off because another ebayer claimed his pictures were being used without notification. It's a guitar! Either way the guy's going to go to google or somewhere else if he can't take pictures of his own guitar.

-Jamie

Back in the days of Kench and all that, eBay called me to verify what my protest was. I actually had to explain my complaint to a person (imagine that, a real person) to get those auctions pulled. It got to be a real pain to keep looking for the auctions to kill with the 20 different user names he used. And... yes, those CD's are still for sale on eBay today.

I say go ahead with the fight against Vero. Be prepared to push as hard as you can to get justice and stick to your guns. It's going to be a long hard battle.

The Kirn guy sells fender stuff and fender looking stuff because he has an allparts acct. I have an all-parts acct, big deal. You just have to have a resellers cert. which isn't hard to get. You buy stuff at 50% off and sell it on ebay for a little profit. AP makes licensed replacements of fender bodies and necks AND sells official fender parts. So if you see the actual logo, it might actually be genuine fender stuff. Not sure as I didn't look at his auctions.

Since he is an all-parts dealer, he can sell stuff with fender trademarked words in there and is probably just acting like an ass trying to out other people that use "strat" or "tele" without permission to do so.

As was said before, what a tool.

Isn't his ebay name a ripoff of Star Trek; Worf's brother? OMG HE MADE ME THINK HE WAS SELLING STAR TREK STUFF. I MUST complain now for his misleading name.

KAPLA!

-Jamie

From the horse's, uh, mouth:

The original was completely dismantled, Neck, Body, Bridge, were replaced and the electronics were modified, just like I have done for pros all over the world.

Thus it is as much a genuine Fender as Bruce Springsteen's, Kieth Richard's or a plethora of other recording stars that have had the same done to their guitars. None of 'em play a "Virgin" guitar...

Let's say you buy a new Fender... you don't like the neck so you replace it.... later you try a different body,  then replace the pups for something hotter...  later you add Hotrodded electronics...

you get tired of intonating the 3 bridge contraption so you put a Barden bridge on it.... now you hate the pick guard so it gets replaced....so now you have a Tele to die for . . . something that melts into your fingers.....all along you have been selling or giving away the replaced parts...  do you still have a Genuine Fender? Do you Care?

You may call it what you want, but you won't call it a bad guitar once you play it.

But is it a Fender? The headstock says yes, but the description says no. Which is it?

Consider... Fender's Custom Shop... you can order a guitar created with a Warmoth neck, were you aware of that?... You may even send them a body you would like... every thing else is just parts.... Fender does not make bridges, tuning keys, Strap buttons, pickguards, potentiometers, switches, wire, screws, neck plates, frets, Lacquer, or even the decal... they do wind some of their pups, but this guitar has original Fender Pups in it...
Hmm. That's interesting, because ...

Now to the pickups, THEY ARE LOUD, THEY ARE AWSOME, THEY ARE COMPLETELY VINTAGE CONSTRUCTION, THEY ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE FINEST CUSTOM CREATIONS. . .They are a custom made vintage style. The same exact pickup available in my $6000.00 Customs. Complete with vintage copper winding, fiberboard, Alnico magnets. The look, the feel, and most important, the vintage sound so many guitar masters have chosen the Telecaster for. These are my Signature series. If you are searching for the vintage twang, that Telecaster bark, I do not know what else I could recommend.
:D
The original was completely dismantled, Neck, Body, Bridge, were replaced and the electronics were modified, just like I have done for pros all over the world.

Thus it is as much a genuine Fender as Bruce Springsteen's, Kieth Richard's or a plethora of other recording stars that have had the same done to their guitars. None of 'em play a "Virgin" guitar...

yeah...that means it is not a fender...

He has yet to define what he owns in terms of what the Vero Program authorizes.

Thats exactly it! He doesnt own anything. The seller I referred to was selling templates of all sorts, Jazz bass, tele, strat, LP, Jag, all sorts. I actually made him a handfull of paper templates of various bodies myself. Now they dont sell anything as this guy just pulls them as soon as they go up. So in actuality his claim would be that he owns the right to body templates in general, like they are some sort of new invention. As I said, he's just stron arming people. You will notice that some people still list templates. The guy from guitarbuildingtemplates.com has some up from time to time. I imagine that since that's his business he didnt just roll over like the rest of the ocasional sellers (if in fact he had auctions cancled in the past). I would email him (GBT) and ask if he has any experience. Im gonna see if I have any temlates hanging aroung that I can post just to see what happens.

What a dick.

Someone should burn his house down with him in it.

Heck, someone give me his address, I'll do it myself. I'd like to see him play one of his Teles when he's nothing more than a heap of blackened ash.

:D:DB)

stealin' down an alley on a cold dark night

i see a halo in the rain 'round a street light

i stop and look and listen to the sound

as the raindrops penetrate the silence all around

alone, i gaze into the glistening street

the distant thunder

echoing my hearbeat

urging me on to a secret goal

away from the light from this lamp on a pole

so i turn

slip away into the rain

drifting like a spirit through the shadows in the lane

clutching the tools of my trade in my hand

an old box of matches and a gasoline can

darkness envelops the scene like a shroud

a veil of emptiness hangs from the clouds

filling up the cracks in this desolate place

cradled by the night in an icy embrace

i move through the town like a ghost in the rain

a dim reflection in a dark windowpane

blackness beckons from every side

creeping all around like an incoming tide

a broken window in an empty house

i slip inside and begin to douse

the whole place with the fuel that will feed the fire

and push back the night, taking me higher

on out of the darkness

in a deafening roar

the match in my hand is the key to the door

a simple turn of the wrist will suffice

to open a passage to paradise

i pause

think about the past in the gloom

the smell of gasoline permeates the room

everyone has a little secret he keeps

i light the fires while the city sleeps

the match makes a graceful arch to the floor

time stands still as I turn for the door

which explodes in a fireball and throws me to the street

i hit the ground running with the flames at my feet

reaching for the night

which recoils from the fire

the raindrops hiss like a devilish choir

dying in the flames with a terrible sound

calling all the names of sleepers all around

but then in the arms of the night they lay

their dreams

sprout wings and fly away

out of their houses in a gathering flock

swarming overhead as I hurry down the block

i make my escape with the greatest of ease

and safe in the darkness, i drop to my knees

a light in this window, my hand on the latch

i reach in my pocket

and pull out a match

This is so whack. Someone should put an auction up with a piece of paper to the rights of Ron Kirn's soul.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999

Man This Ron Guy sound's Like A editted, come on brother :D:D Take the guy out bigD

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by rhoads56
editted, come on brother

:D Well He Is!!!! Fine He's A editted

Sorry If I was Out of Line :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Official warning.

Edited by rhoads56