Lowest Action Ever

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, neither of those diagrams will accurately allow you to figure out the action on the guitar without further information (i.e. the angle of the fretbard in relation to the camera).

Oh, and ask and ye shall receive:

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

You only have to punch the information into the drum machine once.

OK primal - As a full time, accomplished drummer and a part time, a bit better than average guitarist...I love that joke!

Drummerdude - While my guitar tech and modification skills are far beyond my playing skills, I have found 2 things in regard to this board.

1.) Listen to what these guys have to say. Rich and Perry, to single out two, have tons of valuable advice.

2.) YOU have to DO THE WORK, make your mistakes, and learn from them if you want to know how to get your action as low as possible.

There is no right or wrong when dealing with someone's personal taste. But if you want your question answered, you have to listen to advice, read the suggested information, and (once again) DO THE WORK YOURSELF. You can try to "positive think" your fretboard level, frets level. radius correct and set up fine tuned, but that will not make it so. Only by doing it will you learn, gain experience, and achieve your goal of the lowest possible shred inducing action.

Take my advice, I have learned so much from the information freely given to me on this board, but not nearly as much as when I put the knowledge into action, made mistakes, and then learned to do it better each time. Stop arguing about the possibility of the loweset possible action and do it!

Peace...Rog

PS - Please don't waste your time with banter and/or insults...I wil not respond to them. I will read them, chortle in amusment, and go on with my life.

To be fair, neither of those diagrams will accurately allow you to figure out the action on the guitar without further information (i.e. the angle of the fretbard in relation to the camera)

I totally do agree.

How do you make a drummer play slower?

You put a score sheet infront of him.

How do you make him completely stop playing?

You write some notes in the score.

I like high action.I measured my guitars and they are all around 3mm at the 12th.

I am tuned pretty low.For standard tuning I would like 2.5mm or so.

I don't mind higher action either, on my les paul if i have it too low the low E and A strings buzz at the centre of the fretboard.

Plugged in it doesn't matter, it just seems to lose some sustain, but i like playing unplugged too and it gets damn annoying!