Guitar Of The Month November

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 24th of October then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• 2 weeks later...

A PRS copy with a personal touch (well not a complete copy, but you guys all can see were I got inspired)

It’s a carved, quilted maple topped mahogany body, mahogany/maple laminated neck, rosewood fret board with rosewood bindings and aluminium frets markers visibly both from above and from the sides. The hardware is GOTOH and the pickups are genuine Gibson P90s. The nut is an Earvana compensated nut. It’s like a “poor mans Buzz Feiten”. It works quite good, but like all intonation issues it’s a compromise, but it’s better than a standard nut IMHO.

PICT0058beskuren.jpg

Front view

PICT0061beskuren.jpg

Body detail

PICT0062beskuren.jpg

Head detail

fretmarkers.jpg

Side view of fret markers

Edited by SwedishLuthier

Seems a bit quiet here, so I figure I'll add my latest completed electric. It's my take on a PRS Santana/Doublecut Les Paul, slightly more asymmetrical in the horns, and a different lower bout profile (it's a wide guitar, almost 15" IIRC). Built this one as a wedding gift for a very good friend of mine. It's nowhere near perfect, and it is the most ambitious project I've tried to date (quite a few firsts for me), but I'm happy with the results, overall. Still plenty of room for improvement :-) It's the 8th instrument I've completed, and the 7th electric guitar. I think.

Right, pictures, then description/specs.

Full frontal (sorry about the pick):

pat_finished01.jpg

Upper horn/fingerboard rose/maple pickup ring detail:

pat_finished04.jpg

Fingerboard 'nekkid laydee' inlay detail:

pat_finished06.jpg

Shot of the back:

pat_finished09.jpg

Right, a little more info:

Fully chambered African mahogany (Khaya ivorensis) body, flamed UK Sycamore (Acer Pseudplatanus, a maple) top. Top carved inside and out, back carved slightly, without recurve (maybe 1/2" carve, total).

Hounduran mahogany neck, Maple-bound ebony fingerboard (25" scale), East Indian Rosewood headstock overlay/maple headstock binding. 13 degree scarfed headstock. Hotrod fingerboard + 2x CF rods (1/8" x 3/8"), standard construction for me.

Inlays are white MOP (roses, logo 'V' on 12th and headstock), river or ivory pearl (nekkid laydee), gold MOP (laydee's hair), green abalone (leaves), and pure silver wire in 1mm and 1.5mm thicknesses (thanks to Perry for inspiration for using silver; going to be doing that again, great inlay material). All hand-cut, and my first engraving job ever. I'd done a couple of simpler vines (the first quite horrible, the second decent, but simpler), but this was quite a bit more complex. I estimate there were about 90 pieces for this one (roses are multiple-piece and also engraved). The vine starts at the heel strap button and winds its way up and around the logo on the headstock. Half the reason: when carving, I discovered some wormhole damage (quite a bit), and was a bit too far along to scrap the whole top (time pressure).

Hardware: Planet Waves locking tuners, Wilkinson trem, Dunlop straploks, all gold.

Pickup rings, trem cover plate are hand-made, using offcuts from the top for best match. Control cavity cover cut from the back, bound, and fit in place.

Finish: neck is hand-rubbed shellac (for the feel; matte, not polished to a gloss), body and headstock face done in Target USL (StewMac ColorTone) waterbased finish. Color mixture of direct stain and tinted lacquer, with 'faux binding' effect.

Electronics: DiMarzio PAF Pro and Fred, mini switches for series/parallel/coil tap operation, standard 3-way, master volume, volume blend pot, master tone, and push/push series/parallel operation (ie, both pickups in series or standard parallel operation) on the volume knob.

• 3 weeks later...

W.O.M.D - Weapon Of Mass Destruction

VIEW THE "in progress" THREAD HERE FOR THIS GUITAR

Maple neck with Ebony fretboard, set into an Alder body.

Mother of Pearl sharkfin inlays.

Shredder fret option (jumbo + banjo frets)

Speed shelf neck joint option

Compensated nut (bone).

EMG 81/SA/85 plus PA2 afterburner unit

Gotoh bridge (strung through) and Grover locking tuners, all aged.

"Time Bomb" control cavity

Urban Warfare paint scheme with bolted steel add-on

SGT ORMSBY logo

IMG_4301.jpg

LARGE full body front

LARGE full body rear

IMG_3332.jpg

more hardware

more hardware2

more hardware3

IMG_3339.jpg

Front of Headstock

ADMIN EDIT: Sorry Perry- only 4 pics per entry.

more headstock

IMG_3336.jpg

more control cavity

FULL PHOTO GALLERY FOR THIS GUITAR

SOUND SAMPLE - "The Art of War" by GRAHAM GREENE

Not bad for my first ever airbrush job, what you think? :D

Introducing the JV-1... with all gold hardware and cherry burst finish. Hope you guys like it.

jv1contest01.jpg

jv1contest04.jpg

Closeup of the headstock.

jv1contest02.jpg

JV-1 body closeup pic.

jv1contest03.jpg

You can read more about the building of this guitar at this link!!

Here is some more pictures of the JV-1 below.

Back of headstock.

Body closeup.

Front pic outdoors.

Back pic outdoors.

Side pic outdoors.

Here's a rundown of the specs...

-Swamp Ash (ultra lightweight) body with wild grain pattern.

-Set Neck

-3° Neck Angle..

-Deep Carved top..

-24 Fret Rosewood Fretboard with MOP inlays

-Two Seymour Duncan pickups... JB Model (SH-4) for the Bridge Pickup, and a Jazz Model (SH-2) for the Neck Pickup.

-No pickguard

-Bone Nut

-Leo Quan Bad Ass Bridge (Wraparound) Gold with Tone Pro Locking Studs

-Grover Tuners Gold

-Gold Knobs

-Cherry Burst Finish

-Gold Fretwire

-Ebony veneer on headstock

-MOP Inlayed Headstock "V" logo for Vinson

-Thin neck for fast playing (19mm 1st fret)

-And no Heel design, I don't want a PRS fat heel getting in the way.

-Carbon Fiber Rods to make the neck really strong and eliminate dead spots.

-Volume control, Tone control, and 5 way Rotary switch knob.

Look for sound samples tonight...

Matt Vinson

Shoot I don't mind being a two time loser :D

1ad5b15f.jpg

62a58822.jpg

a79d028d.jpg

462fccce.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/xlr8...in/3c55758e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/xlr8...in/408a4f2d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/xlr8...in/1e5e3b64.jpg

Here are the specs for those interested in that sort of thing;

Big leaf western Maple bookmatched flame top

One piece Brazilian Mahogany body

Indian Rosewood neck and fingerboard

Italian Ivoroid binding to body and neck

Genuine Mother of Pearl inlays

6100 jumbo frets

Bone nut

Grover rotomatic tuners

TonePros tune-o-matic bridge and tail piece

And of course - Bareknuckle pickups.

Its also a genuine Gibson scale i.e 24 3/4 on the bass side and 24 5/8 on the treble.