Wow 4 Birthdays Today!

Happy Bday guys!

Skibum I never realized you were only 17, you seemed much older than that.

Have a good one guys! All 5 of you!

:D:DB):DB)

Dang is there no way to edit topic titles? If anyone has the chance 4 needs to be 5 in the title.

Edited by jmrentis

I could totally be blind here, but when I edit it only allows me to change the content not the topic or sub topic, no big deal really, I'm thinking only the mods can adjust them here, who knows?. No worries though, happy bday guys! J

I could totally be blind here, but when I edit it only allows me to change the content not the topic or sub topic, no big deal really, I'm thinking only the mods can adjust them here, who knows?.  No worries though, happy bday guys! J

Ahh if it would let you, itd be at the top as if you was starting a new topic.. Brian may not of given us permission to do that... either way...sorry i couldnt help Jason!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D:D

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Your welcome skibum, hope you had a killer day. :D

Haha GBT.

In a few months I'll be at the half way point of my 20's, 25. :D

GodBlessTexas, do you have any advice for the latter half of the 20's?

Also I think that 25 is the age you must be to rent a car, I heard that, although most places don't post it as a policy, I hear they just will not rent one out under 24 or 25 I can't quite remember, or maybe that's just Cali. ? J

Edited by jmrentis

I might not be the best person to ask, as I got married at 22 and we had our first child at 23. Six years later we have a total of four... :D

Let's see: Get a real job (if you don't already have one) and start taking real vacations (Hawaii, Cancun, etc.) because they get harder when you have kids.

I think that's about all the advice I can offer that doesn't involve children. I will say that as soon as you have them, you're life is no longer your own and revolves around them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Ouch! Yeah I decided when I was 16 that I wouldn't have kids until 28 or so IF I had any. I can imagine it makes life a lot more complicated, but I'm sure it's cool in it's own way, like being able to pass on your legacy. Anyways Good advice!! Jason

Time to get the sombrero out and take everyone's poloroid to staple on the wall!

Epa Epa Yeeeehaaa!

Well, that's what I do on my birthday. :D

And a belated burrito to haggardguy. It may be cold, but it's still just as tasty.

<edit>

Just saw the asking for advice in that later 20's. Turning the wayback machine back 10 years...

I'd say, get over the fact that everyone isn't going to like you. They don't have to. If you can be yourself and let people be stupid enough to snub you for who you are, you're much better off without them (be they ex-spouses, family, or just people you grew up with and just got used to dealing with).

Second tip, travel when and where you can. See different parts of the world and expose yourself to different cultures.

And a belated burrito to haggardguy. It may be cold, but it's still just as tastey.

Better late than never! Or at least thats what I'm told. Sorry, here's one for you anyway :D . Gotta make sure we catch it next year! J

Ouch! Yeah I decided when I was 16 that I wouldn't have kids until 28 or so IF I had any.  I can imagine it makes life a lot more complicated,  but I'm sure it's cool in it's own way, like being able to pass on your legacy.  Anyways Good advice!! Jason

My kids are awesome. They're like living with a pack of crazed circuis lions some of the time, but they have their moments. Last week I was watching the Carvin DVD and all of my kids who are mobile ran to the living room to watch the Steve Vai concert clip. And I cannot practice to Petrucci's Rock Discipline without them coming to pester me to watch the G3 clips in the extras. In the car last week, my two oldest started singing Iron Man, complete with improvising the music while riding in the car. It wasn't even on the radio, and I don't really play it for them.

So they've graduated from Disney and Pixar to concert videos at the tender ages of 7, 4, and 19 months. Makes me proud! :D

Just saw the asking for advice in that later 20's. Turning the wayback machine back 10 years...

I'd say, get over the fact that everyone isn't going to like you. They don't have to. If you can be yourself and let people be stupid enough to snub you for who you are, you're much better off without them (be they ex-spouses, family, or just people you grew up with and just got used to dealing with).

Second tip, travel when and where you can. See different parts of the world and expose yourself to different cultures.

I've really been learning that lesson lately about being who you are and not worrying about others and what they think. I was really bad with this when I was younger, even with roommates I had, I had moved out on my own at 16, worked full time and supported myself fine. Recently I've accepted something including friends and family that have qualities I don't like, so I have mended some loss relationships that I missed. And accepting that and who I am has brought me to a place that I never thought I would be, a place without anger or depression! Life is rough but you can get past some stupid things it really is great, and you can be happy. But also as you were saying I have cleared my list of friends to people that respect me for who I am. Unfortunately I have some serious health issues that aren't looking to good for me, but I am happy now and with my family again so I can't complain at the moment. I've travelled to quite a few places already but if my health ever improves I plan on doing quite a bit more. As bad as my health is, it has brought me a lot of good, like making me look at things from a different view, and squashing stupid long term fights with family and just enjoy what we have now.

My kids are awesome. They're like living with a pack of crazed circuis lions some of the time, but they have their moments. Last week I was watching the Carvin DVD and all of my kids who are mobile ran to the living room to watch the Steve Vai concert clip. And I cannot practice to Petrucci's Rock Discipline without them coming to pester me to watch the G3 clips in the extras. In the car last week, my two oldest started singing Iron Man, complete with improvising the music while riding in the car. It wasn't even on the radio, and I don't really play it for them.

So they've graduated from Disney and Pixar to concert videos at the tender ages of 7, 4, and 19 months. Makes me proud! kitarist.gif

GBT: Thats great you enjoy your kids, I've met so many people that think of them more as a burden than a blessing, and it sounds like they are already taking after you and that has to be a good feeling. So when are you going to build them a guitar, what age? I'm sure you could design one that fits their other interests, like a themed guitar for whatever peaks their interests. Anyways I thought that was a cool post, Iron man! what are you going to say when they want to go see ozzy, I bet he still will be playing, but probably in a wheelchair! Ozzy bridging the gap of the generations! :D J