First Go At Refinish

I had an old showmaster which i felt needed a small makeover...

Now i KNOW That there is some issues with the finish (it being uneven) etc, Ive later gone on to work out i beleive its where i did not give each layer long enough to dry before laying next one down...

Hope you enjoy

Progress pics:

bodybeforesanding5co.th.jpg

frontofbodyfinished8ef.th.jpg

backofneck8cp.th.jpg

backofneckcompleted3ag.th.jpg

finished4rv.th.jpg

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Edited by SlainAngel

Looks great Slain! Have you been jamming a lot on it, I know you just recently got another one, so do you use one for certain tunings or sounds when your recording or playing. I think you did a great job on both the finish and monkey grip, it looks great. I want to see you do a whole custom, I know it would be great and it sounds like Simo is going to have a place for you guys to get some wood over there, which would be cool for sure. Right on man looks good and update us if you do some more mods to it, or the other one, I think you intials or some cool design would be sweet where the neck pickup would be, maybe your buddy could do one for you again, just a thought although it looks great as is. LAter. J

Looks great Slain! Have you been jamming a lot on it, I know you just recently got another one, so do you use one for certain tunings or sounds when your recording or playing. I think you did a great job on both the finish and monkey grip, it looks great.  I want to see you do a whole custom, I know it would be great and it sounds like Simo is going to have a place for you guys to get some wood over there, which would be cool for sure.  Right on man looks good and update us if you do some more mods to it, or the other one, I think you intials or some cool design would be sweet where the neck pickup would be, maybe your buddy could do one for you again, just a thought although it looks great as is. LAter. J

Each guitar i use is in standard tuning except for my KKV which is one step down.

I mainly use my "purple wonder" guitar to record with, mainly because of the trem, the purple wonder is the guitar i recorded "for the love of god" with at Simos place :D

Well i definitly want to do a full custom at some point, but havent built up the confidence to do one, maybe soon though!!

With the initials idea, i have alos been thinking that something perhaps should go where the neck Pickup would be, and having my initials is a good idea Jason Thanks :D

Thanks for the compliments guys!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

• 1 year later...