Thomas & Ginex Fret Refinishing Kit

Rocket

Even the guy who wrote that last review mentions the need to have "an open mind ". This kit involves spiritual forces that my small brain just can't understand. Seems like it would be more relevant to have "an open wallet".

Now see, quoting one sentence from a review to twist the review to your point of view is hardly fair. If I were to do that, I'd quote the whole last paragraph, like this

"The results were truly amazing. It went from a guitar that I disliked, to one of my favorites. There are no detectable buzzes anywhere and is a true pleasure to play now."

But I really think it's much better to A) read the whole review and B ) Try a product before condemning it ;-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough, it's far from automatic and I admit I may have gotten lucky on 2 guitars...

Great system. Requires little skill, but lots of luck. Too bad one has no idea when they start doing it, if they have enough luck on hand.

The Ronco 'Shot in the dark' fret leveling system.

Order today and we'll include a full set of peel and stick glow in the dark fret-board inlays.

But wait, there's more. The next 100 customers will receive, at no extra charge, a giant inflatable guitar raft.

Great system. Requires little skill, but lots of luck. Too bad one has no idea when they start doing it, if they have enough luck on hand.

The Ronco 'Shot in the dark' fret leveling system.

Order today and we'll include a full set of peel and stick glow in the dark fret-board inlays.

But wait, there's more. The next 100 customers will receive, at no extra charge, a giant inflatable guitar raft.

Soapbar, how do you attach those blinders? Do you use traditional hide glue or new age super glue? :D In all honesty, watching you guys and your 100% predictable responses is fairly decent free entertainment...so I guess I should be thanking you.

I guess it's wasted on you, but do you not see that you took one line from the big picture to twist something around to your myopic way of thinking once again. Ironically you took one line from a post that chided you from doing the same thing.

Edited by kahuna

If you were smart, you would spend more time trying to find a used Erlewine 'Fret Basics' video for sale than defending a little square of metal with some pieces of sandpaper, selling for over $20.00.

See, now I wont waste my time arguing who is smarter or who's dick is bigger, very boring. I actually own several of Dan Erlwine's works mein fuhrer. And I'm not so much defending this kit as I am exposing you closed minded, tight assed geeks for what you are. Remember, I didn't start the name calling in this thread :D

Edited by kahuna

Kahuna, drop it.

You've made your point, the kit worked for you. Fine.

However, your point is rebutted by several. extremely experienced guitar builders/technicians, and rather than continue to argue with them, perhaps you should consider *why* they think the system is flawed, and weigh this against the relative quality and expense of the alternatives. Once you do, you'll find there is *nothing* to commend the Thomas & Ginex system. The fact is worked for you is largely irrelevant when balanced against the potential for it doing damage, and the fact that a better system can be assembled for less than the purchase price of the T&G product.

Anyway, if this thread continues in the direction it's been heading, it'll be closed. This forum is for intelligent discussion of guitar building and modification, not for childish circular arguements. Everyone has established their respectiive positions, if you have nothing new to add be big enough to let you arguement stand on it's merits, and walk away.

You seem awfully sure of that. The thread history, visible for all, shows a different story. :-/

Well professor, if we look back, my first post does something few have done...I answered the asked question. Then I posted that I didn't get the "Snotty Attitudes", really not directly insulting anyone, simply I wasn't a fan of "The Snotty Attitudes". Woodenspoke responded by calling me an idiot...game on. Still with me? Still sure who started the name calling?

Neither here nor there...a bunch of people passing judgment on something they've NEVER USED...STOP THE PRESSES.

Kahuna, drop it.

You've made your point, the kit worked for you. Fine.

However, your point is rebutted by several. extremely experienced guitar builders/technicians, and rather than continue to argue with them, perhaps you should consider *why* they think the system is flawed, and weigh this against the relative quality and expense of the alternatives. Once you do, you'll find there is *nothing* to commend the Thomas & Ginex system. The fact is worked for you is largely irrelevant when balanced against the potential for it doing damage, and the fact that a better system can be assembled for less than the purchase price of the T&G product.

Anyway, if this thread continues in the direction it's been heading, it'll be closed. This forum is for intelligent discussion of guitar building and modification, not for childish circular arguements. Everyone has established their respectiive positions, if you have nothing new to add be big enough to let you arguement stand on it's merits, and walk away.

God? Is that you God? Hey, do what you've gotta do, whoever you are. People keep ragging on me, I keep responding.

And by the way, experienced by what standard? The net is full of wanna be's and pretenders.

Edited by kahuna

OK, vacation time for Mr. Sarcasm.

Nobody ragged on you till you got snarky, and the experience of Soapbar and Rhoads is evident to anyone who cares to investigate it. Since you don't feel the need to check it yourself, Soapbar is Robert May, a guitar technician with over 20 years experience of fretwork. Rhoads is Perry Ormsby, a successful Australian guitar builder and technician who has appeared in, and is currently writing for Australian Guitar magazine.

You really couldn't have chosen a worse pair to accuse of being 'faceless, quite possible anonymous Internet posters', just something to mull over on your 2 week vacation from posting.

Well professor, if we look back, my first post does something few have done...I answered the asked question. Then I posted that I didn't get the "Snotty Attitudes", really not directly insulting anyone, simply I wasn't a fan of "The Snotty Attitudes". Woodenspoke responded by calling me an idiot...game on. Still with me? Still sure who started the name calling?

Well, yeah.

The same post, you were clearly talking to one person (the one who seemingly has hundreds of dollars worth of stuff in your view) who you also identified as a "closed minded guy". An individual. <shrug> Seemed pretty obvious... er... student? What am I supposed to call you if I'm the professor? :D

You seem awfully sure of that. The thread history, visible for all, shows a different story. :-/

Neither here nor there...a bunch of people passing judgment on something they've NEVER USED...STOP THE PRESSES.

I was really hoping to stay out this. Why does my name keep coming up for defending a remark directed at me. So I have hundred of dollars invested in equipment aimed at doing good fret work. I wonder if thats a crime in my state?

Just refer to me as Mr SATO "Snotty Attitude Tool Owner".

As far as this topic goes how many times can you run over it with the truck before it's officially called road kill.

Mr SATO

Woodenspoke