Guitar Of The Month For November

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

xlr8's Rosewood-neck LP is everything I wish my genuine LP was. All of the guitars this month are truly great and we are all unworthy of the opportunity to pick "the best" out of this group.

The detail on the WOMD is incredible, too. The time-bomb cavity just really sets it off, but I personally would have picked brushed or machine-turned hardware instead of corroded. But hey, it's not my guitar and I ain't the builder, so if it's good for you, it's good for me too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG! How do you vote for only one of these - I want all of them in my front room now!

Mattia got it bacause he firstly saw a fault and found a solution - a very beautiful solution. The craftsmanship is outstanding (not that i take away from anyone else - they're all fantastic) he shape works, the balance is right, the colours work, the inlay is great - a wonderfull, all round guitar!

The VJV-1 one isn't balanced to my eye butI'm sure it's a personal preference thing - the upper horm doesn't sit well with me.

The Blue Guitar is great and the aluminium is a great concept BUT it's a shape and general design I've seen a lot recently.

The WOMD is just too gimicky for me - again a personal taste thing.

The LP is another great guitar but the back looks too light for my taste - the ONLY thing I could fault on the whole guitar!

At the end of this we can only work on personal taste because there isn't a fault in ANY of them! :D

Edited by chunkielad

One of the hardest to vote GOTM in a while!!!

I went for mattia, but man...

The WOMD with it's rusted hardware ALMOST made me vote for it (though i didn't like most of the rest of it :D) because it went SO well with the rest of the instrument!

And that LP... Gratz xlr8, if it wasn't for it's color, i'd have voted for you (because of the choice of woods... 1 piece body and rosewood neck = <3 )

But really, mattia's inlays had me :D

I'm having trouble here...none of these guitars rock my particular boat (although I admire the excellence of them all).

Right now, it's between Guitarfrenzy's and Mattia's for me, and the Xlr8's LP as a darkhorse. I like GF's for its relative simplicity, seems almost humble compared to the others. Ditto the LP, but the guitar itself is less striking for me.

Mattia's for the sheer awesomeness of the work involved....but that back panel (and those wood screws)...kind of throws it off for me...

Mattia, yes is was the flame maple that got me off. I understand that you want to make it match the top, but it really detracts from the complete package of the guitar! (like a big red pimple on a clean face!) And I don't know how to explain the "hump" thing. I can see that the heel is nice and smooth, but it is the were the heels ends and the body starts, it look like a round hump instead os a smooth transition, or even a square step like Carvin and PRS. I'm not saying it is wrong, is just that it doesn't appeal to my eyes. nevertheless it is an autstanding guitar.

Ive got to hand it to all these guitars. Each one is stunning with its own mark of creativity and class. There are no losers here. I found mattias to be the best. That inlay just sucked me in. I have to admit I love the LP. I own 2 lps. Only thing that killed it was the color.. but i love how thin it is. Damn you guys are crazy! :D

damn this was hard... every single guitar this month is awesome. It came down to Perry and Mattia. Im usually a sucker for a super strat but Mattia's inlay, choice of color, wood covers, & small details finally sucked me in. Nice job all around for everybody.

I'm having trouble here...none of these guitars rock my particular boat (although I admire the excellence of them all).

Whats wrong? None of them square enough for ya? :D:D jk jk

Yuk yuk...you slay me... B)

But yeah, maybe that's it...not that none of these are square, but that they're not all that original...(well, it's not like my telecaster is original...neither are the two projects I have in progress...)

And yeah, they're all missing the pickguard (sniff, sniff, boo hoo!)....it's called FUNCTIONAL DESIGN people!

Mattia: well, they look like wood screws, maybe that's the angle of the photo though. But yes, I don't like the way the maple contrasts--it doesn't flow into the guitar, the way the other panel works, and the rest of the guitar flows so well, it just stands out. Still, I don't take into account as much what happens on the back of a guitar (although I really like Perry's transparent panel --mucho cool, that)

Don't worry mattia, idch will be idch. I didn't realise that top was sycamore until yesterday. I've never seen a sycamore top before, very cool.

To clarify, that's European/UK Sycamore, which is a true maple (Acer Pseudoplatanus), which is something completely different to what you call Sycamore in the US. That piece had a lovely rich, natural gold colour, even some light pink hues in it.