Guitar Of The Month For November

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA I get first Vote!! :D

now that was A good one! every one did A deadly guitar but Perry had my Vote from day one

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Some sick competition, even with only a few guitars in there. Any one of them could have been winners from previous months, so there are no losers in this month's roster at all!

Cutting to the chase, my vote goes to Mattia.

Greg

W.O.M.D is an intereting concept, but I guess I'm a traditionalist and a sucker for a good inlay.

Mattia gets my vote, especially after being resourceful with the borer in the top and turning a problem into a feature....nice work! :D

This month is the one that I had to looks at all guitars closely to go thru an elimination process to get my vote. And Perry got it. The attention to detail was impressive! Being around helicopters, A-10's and a lot of military electronics I can say that his attention to detail was realy close to the real toys I get to place my hands on. All the other were great, and xlr8 was a very close second, since I didn't found any flaws on his design! Just to say that he improved on the few things I don't like about the LP like the neck heel, the neck wood and the top!

Mattia's guitar was close, but the trem cover and the "hump" on the neck heel got me off... but I got to say that his inlay was outstanding! I will love to be able to make those like that! Matt was up here too, superb guitar, and like soapbarstrat mentioned, that thing is a player! No points taken out of this one! On swedishluthier, I think that it is an absolute great guitar too. The use of aluminum, altho disscussed here a few times, I had not seen it performed. The thing that got me on this was the finish! With so much potential on the quilt, the paint looks simple!

Congrats to all, if this was based on a point scale, I think that all will be apart by fractions of a point!

You guys raise the bar every single month. :D

I had another look at all the entries just now, and it's tough. The blue quilt finish is something a little different than your average PRS-style blue guitar we see all the time. Mattia's inlay work is fantastic. The JV-1 is definitely a guitar I would play, and xlr8's LP is just striking. B)

That leaves Ormsby's assault weapon. I was impressed from the beginning, but I think what got me was the control cavity. The detailing, with the coiled and braided wiring and clear cover, put it over the top. Perry, you are either one sick bastard or you have way too much time on your hands. :D

Wow. This is lookin' like a tight race, and I'm a little surprised to be going head to head with Perry's awesome high-concept superstrat there!

Maiden69: out of curiosity, what put you off about the trem cover?

Oh, and for the record: there is no 'hump' at the neck heel. That be a smooth transition I flipped and glued a piece from the neck blank on to the bottom of the tenon (grain matches very well) to add a bit of extra depth, and the two pieces are reflecting light differently (maybe down to the matte shellac finish on the back of the neck, dunno)

The LP wins here for me. Might not be the most original but hey. Rosewood necked LP is a wicked idea. All very good this month!

Just out of interest, is it my monitor weird or does perry's neck look a bit wonky on thetop picture (look at it sideways!) hummm nay mind.

:D

I must say that everybodies entry this month has my attention, every guitar is amazing and my vote is going to be tricky for me, so Im going to break it down:

Swedish luthier's prs style guitar:

Im really liking the finish on the guitar, the inlay choice was cool as well (i have never seen aluminum used as an inlay material, kudos) personally I think the choice in black hardware was a not a good one, chrome would have looked better (imo please dont take that as an insult, just personal perference with blue) *just a note, pictures of the back of this guitar would have been nice*

Mattia's double cut santana influenced guitar:

quite possibly the best inlay work I have seen on a gotm entry ever, excellent choice of color on the finish (impeccable work on the faux binding!), it really makes the guitar pop that much more, also the flamed maple mounting rings are really nice, that being said I think the spring cover should have been mahogany as well, but it still looks great.

Rhoads weopon of mass distruction:

what can be said about this guitar? perry you keep on outdoing yourself with every guitar I see, the camo job on this guitar is unbelievable, as is the ageing of the mounting rings and bridge. that being said I believe if the pickups would have been aged in some matter it would have brought it over the top. personally I dont think the sharktooth inlays go well with this guitar, the fit it but with the concept of the paint, they just are out of place (again imho)

Guitarfrenzy's JV-1

I really like the shape of this guitar, as do I like the finish, the red burst looks really good, with the gold hardware and fretwire its a really classy looking guitar, the only thing I dont like about this guitar is the heel transition, while it looks good, my personal preference would have been a much smoother transition

xlr8's rosewood LP:

I have to start out by saying this, Im not a fan of LP's I dont know what it is about them, i just am not a fan, however that being said, this guitar got my attention when I first saw it, I like the idea of switching things up a bit, and the concept of a rosewood neck while not new is really cool to me (I plan on an ebony necked 8 string in the future myself) the carve on this guitar is what got my attention the most, It is extremely well done, and the finish (again im not a fan of burst's normally but this one does it for me) is pull of extremely well (I almost though this WAS a gibson until I read back through the thread!) the single layer of binding is very nice and isnt overkill like some guitars I have seen in the past

So with all that being said, there's not really a guitar here I dont like, I wish I could vote for 2 guitars! my vote is going to have to go to mattia though.

Too much interesting guitars this month!!! I was embarassed about vote.... but I'm a sucker for inalys!!! Mattia got my vote.

BTW I'm happy you entered your guitars this month and not next, maybe I will have a chance :D

Cheers guys!!!