Guitar Of The Month For November

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, every guitar would get one vote, it'd be a huge tie, and everyone would be happy and sing carols while completely plastered on cyder. Yay!

On a more serious note. Drak, don't think I was trying to take anything away from you. You're going to win, that's a fact, but it will mostly be because you're an american and americans are better than everyone.

**Just trying to stir things up :D**

EDIT:

Correction Drak, you might not win, but that'd only be if another American entered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guitar was invented in the US of A. Infact, I think music in general was invented in the US. Afterall, it was our very own Al Gore that invented the internet. :D Man, what a useless thread.

Edited by thegarehanman

I didn't give all that much thought to the adherance to perfect guitar building form when I voted. I saw the work and detail in the WOMD and saw it as really differant and noticable. I probably shouldn't have even voted because I have no real deserved "clout" as a newbie but that paint job showed a lot of creative effort in a differant direction so that is where I went. I can just see me having to pull all those screws to access a panel-hidden PCB that makes the Bradley aim its camera. Rock wil not kill ya :D

Its good to see some real spirit around PG again!

Matt i think guitar awesome! Unfortunately i didn't vote for because we i did go to vote for it, the page said i had allready voted! Which i hadn't. Any mods here fix this or at least tell what has been put against my name?

Best prize must go to matt for his strat tutorial, fantastic work. 2xGOTM loser is not a bad title to have with all the competion around here.

I thought the same thing when the Floyd Bird got knocked down, and remember, both Perry and Jeremy have have flatliners in the GOTM too, so we all have tasted defeat with perfectly fine-ass guitars like yours is.

So, it's really just for fun in the end, I don't take any of it personally and I know the vote of the GOTM (or lack thereof) in no way reflects the true quality of the guitars involved sometimes. Just remember it's for -fun only- and you still walk away smiling no matter what happens.  :D

You summed it up perfect Drak, I guess I not only wanted to make an awesome looking guitar, but I was putting too much emphasis on what others think of it. Lesson learned. I agree GOTM is only for fun anyway.

.. I'm sure someone will say my horn is too long, or they don't like the way the pickup is angled, or whatever. Or "why isn't there a pickguard?" LOL. It's no big deal. Everyone has their thing.

That's why I quit commenting in GOTM threads a long time ago.

Losing is no big deal here. Look at it this way, about 50% of the voters are kids who only own a squire and know little, if anything about this stuff. I was really surpised when Phil beat me out for GOTM two months ago(maybe 3, i don't remember).

Agreed...

I could care less what some internet desk jockey thinks of my GOTM entry.

...GOTM is just another feather in the hat, but should not be something to get upset over. Hell, ive got people who DELIBERATLEY vote against me because i upset them in a thread 18 months ago... pfft... whatever!!

True..

Matt i think guitar awesome! Unfortunately i didn't vote for because we i did go to vote for it, the page said i had allready voted! Which i hadn't. Any mods here fix this or at least tell what has been put against my name?

Best prize must go to matt for his strat tutorial, fantastic work. 2xGOTM loser is not a bad title to have with all the competion around here.

Thanks Gemleggat, I'm not trying to make anyone vote for me, I was actually just shocked that it didn't do as good as I thought it might. No biggy though. GOTM is a picture show, and I take bad pictures.. lol I'm glad you like the tutorial, I had fun making it and I still hope it helps people out with their builds. I would do more tutorials but finding the time has been a challenge.. :D

Now to a more serious matter, I think Bush would come near knowing Australia's location than being able to spell it.. lol

If anyone enters an original body, they get my vote. All of these super strats and teles are making me sleepy.  B)

I might have to hold you to that!

You GOTM regulars keep on fighting. Divide and conquer, that's how the little guy wins. Now to offend everyone, and lose any remote chance I might have had for a vote:

Idch-when you wrote "run n hide-duck n cover" were you being antagonistic, or just typing your national anthem after Drak typed ours? :D

Drak-The more you spice up a tele, the more it's reveals it's limitations. Welcome to the glass ceiling. And saying anyone STARTED on a tele and then moved to something else when they got better, doesn't help your case either! (but "go USA" and all that!) :D

Jeremy- You've stayed out of all this banter like a good Canadian should. You just stay up there and let the big boys handle this one.

Perry-You aussies are always up for a fight and we like that. Sometimes you throw punches first and ask questions later. We like that, too. We just can't have you beating us at anything, so enter your 5 guitars, and split your vote 5 ways. That's how you guys fight anyway, throwing dozens of wild drunken punches hoping something lands. :D

Now I'd like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to my GOTM December chances. B) But I'll be there anyway.

Our Nashville Regiment is growing faster than even we expected, they're volunteering by the droves, faster than we can swear 'em in!

Bunch of angry urban country guit-slingers, ready to RUMBLE!

It ain't gonna be pretty, I can tell yar that!

Look at it this way, about 50% of the voters are kids who only own a squire and know little, if anything about this stuff.

How do you figure?

I was really surpised when Phil beat me out for GOTM two months ago(maybe 3, i don't remember). I mean, how many people are building neck through semi-hollows?

Hmm. How 'bout giving Phil some credit. He didn't just "beat" you. He destroyed your guitar, my guitar and everyone else in that month. Second place was but a formality. Should a semi-hollow win by default? Uh, no. Phil's bass won because it deserved to.

A little modesty never hurt anyone.

My Commander-In-Chief of the entire Southern Theatre of Pain Campaign.

You do realize your general is, uh, British, right?

Idch-when you wrote "run n hide-duck n cover" were you being antagonistic, or just typing your national anthem after Drak typed ours?  :D

I'm American! American dammit! I'm just smart enough not to live there!

Anyway, isn't the American anthem more like "Duck n' Cover-up" these days?

That's right, I'm a mercenary! This gun's for hire!

Bang bang! Pow!