1/2 By 1/2 Whiteside Router Bits

bigdguitars

I use only white side router bits and I have not been happy with the 1/2 by 1/4 depth I have been using. I wanted more cut out but they only have 1/2 by 3/4.

So I asked for a custom quote on a 100 1/2 wide by 1/2 depth bits, with a 1/4 shank.

they can do this for about 20.24 a bit. So my cost is bout 2g for this.

I assume I could get a couple sold on ebay a couple to the guitar building forums?

Anyone interested in something like this?

With the figured tops I use I do all top routing...

let me know

Are you talking 1/2" diameter with a 1/2" depth of cut? If so, I just bought one at Rockler. It's a template bit so it's got the bearing too. Most of my templates are on 3/8" inch MDF and all the standard bits cut too deep or I had to 'thicken' the template to do shallow cuts like control cavities etc. It works like a champ and only $20. Just FYI...

I have gone through 3 rockler bits and from what I can tell its the same cheapo grade that grizzly uses. not the same carbide.

I have a bad experience with CMT, I bought one at my local woodcraft and I told the guy what I wanted I got the 1/2 bit that has the bearing at 1/2 and the bit at 31/64 or whatever. my neck pocket was off. Will have to try that again. I have heard CMT is good from a couple other guys. Will let everyone know