"disconnect Tone Controls"

Ghwar

The easy way would be to just cut the wire between the tone pots and the switch or volume(depending on what kind of guitar you're talking about). The "right" way would be to disconnect and remove the lead going to the tone pot(or remove the pot and all of its wires).

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

The easy way would be to just cut the wire between the tone pots and the switch or volume(depending on what kind of guitar you're talking about). The "right" way would be to disconnect and remove the lead going to the tone pot(or remove the pot and all of its wires).

peace,

russ

it's a fender stratocaster with standard controls and single coils

Would it be wise to cut the lead and leave it but tape it with electrical tape just in case I want to connect it again in the future?

That would work, but you could just as easily use a soldering iron to remove the wire(which could also, easily be installed again). Infact, it's probably be easier to reconnect everything later if you removed the wire rather than cutting it. If you really don't want to touch a soldering iron though, just make sure that the ends of the wire(that you cut) aren't able to make electrical contact with anything(electrical tape will work).

That would work, but you could just as easily use a soldering iron to remove the wire(which could also, easily be installed again). Infact, it's probably be easier to reconnect everything later if you removed the wire rather than cutting it. If you really don't want to touch a soldering iron though, just make sure that the ends of the wire(that you cut) aren't able to make electrical contact with anything(electrical tape will work).

I can do it with a soldering iron.. in fact thats what i meant in the first place. heheh

my solder iron is 25 years old though and the tip is really bent and it doesnt get very hot.. but I use it anyway :D need a new one