Push Pull Pot Wiring

Stiffy

pppot8eh.jpg

500k I dont have strings on yet. I have this installed for bridge pup volume control for coil tap. I dont think I wired it right cause I am not getting any sound when I have it switched to the bridge pup. I soldered the white switch wire in the to middle and the silver switch wire and ground on the top middle left. Then I soldered the bridge pu white wire on the top bottom section, the silver in the middle bottom section and red on the bottom.

That schematic tells us absolutely nothing. That is not how you wire a volume pot. I have no clue what that toggle switch is supposed to do. That's not how you wire a coil tap, and I don't see a ground signal anywhere(asside from on the volume pot).You need to do some research on analog electronics and guitar wiring. Start here

Edited by thegarehanman

That schematic tells us absolutely nothing. That is not how you wire a volume pot. I have no clue what that toggle switch is supposed to do. That's not how you wire a coil tap, and I don't see a ground signal anywhere(asside from on the volume pot).You need to do some research on analog electronics and guitar wiring. Start here

Sorry the link you provided doesn't appear to show push pull pot wiring of what I have. The toggle switch is a 3 way pickup selector. The push pull pot acts as a coil tap and volume pot. The ground is solder to the push pull pot.

It wasn't supposed to tell you how a push/pull works. A push/pull pot is just a regular pot with a built in DPDT switch. The idea is that if you educate yourself on why things work the way they do, you'll be able to easily figure it out yourself. You wouldn't walk into a shop and start building a violin if you didn't even know how to use a handsaw, would you? Word of advice: you'll get much more help if you supply neat, easily read schematics.

peace,

russ

Missing? I assume you mean that certain symbols don't look exactly the same. The loops on mine represent the coils in each humbucker. The pickups selector switch in my schematic is a dptt. Seriously, take some innitiative here; use some deductive reasoning. That schematic is all you need to wire up your guitar with coil taps. If you don't want 2vol and 2tone, you'll have to rework it a little but not much. The bridge ground/cavity shielding, etc is excluded because it's inferred.

OK, what you have to realize is that on a push-pull pot, the switch and the pot are uncinnected. aside from the fact that the shaft controls both of them, it's otherwise like having a seperate switch and pot.

ok, on your drawing you connected all the pup leads to the switch. so it's not connected to anything.

here's a diagram of how to wire a switch for coil tap (and also phase reverse, good options for push-pulls). It's the same diagram for normal switches. jsut wire the switches as switches, and wire the pots like normal pots for the type of guitar you have.

hope this helps make it clear. shout if you need more help.

CoilTapPhase.gif

OK, what you have to realize is that on a push-pull pot, the switch and the pot are uncinnected. aside from the fact that the shaft controls both of them, it's otherwise like having a seperate switch and pot.

ok, on your drawing you connected all the pup leads to the switch. so it's not connected to anything.

here's a diagram of how to wire a switch for coil tap (and also phase reverse, good options for push-pulls). It's the same diagram for normal switches. jsut wire the switches as switches, and wire the pots like normal pots for the type of guitar you have.

hope this helps make it clear. shout if you need more help.

CoilTapPhase.gif

Well unfortunately it's underwraps but hopfully sometime after Christmas if there still a problem I'll give yah a holla. Thanks much everybody for the feedback.