Guitar Of The Month For February

Guitar of the month for February  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really, really, really wanted to vote for idc--er, Mickguard's Ricky Rocket (sorry) but the GG6 really turned out perfect, at least from what I can tell from the photos. Not actually being in Australia and seeing the guitar in person, it's probably wrong to form a strong opinion, but hey, who cares, it's the internet. Perry gets my vote this month! Soloist, oeuvre easy, please!

Had to give it to MzI this month. I nearly overlooked it because the entry had no pics (only links), but I'm glad I decided to go back and review more closely. The purpleheart is just stunning, and the lighter wood sets it off very well.

All the entries this month are very well done, so congrats to everyone just for building (and subsequently owning and playing) such kickass guitars!

Figures I'd pick a month where I'd have to go up against not one but two Ormsbys... :D At least he's doing a Ross Perot on himself, splitting his own vote! B)

In the 'other' category, I voted for Godin's box ...for someone his age, he already has a great sense of style and design, and his execution is always more or less flawless. I'm really impressed with the Gigantor too, looks like a fun project--not exactly a cigar box though :D And hats off to Hitone for the cutout idea--really nice.

In the main category...aw shucks...I'm just happy I finished the damn thing... :DB)

The rocket 350 rocks my vote!

As for the "Other Entrys" I had to skip voting for myself or Jehle's killer OWL and go with MATTs amazing violin. I feel like I watched that violin grow up from just a young timber.

You have to select one from the solid guitars list and one from the other list at the same time than it will take it.

I only tried to cast a vote in the solidbody category... and now I'm locked out of voting. Since there are an equal number of votes in each category, it looks like mine didn't count.

Disenfranchised am I! :D

I had to decide between two Ormsbys, and I chose 6 string version. For the "other entries" section, that violin is outstanding! Ihaven't checked out the link from that post, but if it is built from schratch - excellent work! I don't know if it is your camera, but the pics are kinda blurry...

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Is this a record for the number of entries this month? There is so much diversity in this group that I had a really hard time choosing. Ultimately I had to go for the Rocket and Gigantor.

Both of those projects had the spirit of what makes a good build in them, to me at least.

I can't believe I didn't vote for my own "killer owl" :D

for the "real" entries i voted for Jay66's prs type guitar, gotta love that grain, and i have always had a liking for the prs boddy shape, even if that is a little different

for the "other" enries, i voted for Matt's violin, the commitment to finishing it was amazing, i cant focus for half an hour let alone a year, well done a truely magnificent job

luke

Love the Ormsby GG6, gotta hand it to ya Perry, you build a great looking guitar! Keep up the good work. It's quite inspiring.

As for the others, I love the Cremo tobacco box, and the violin is killer!