Wiring Diagrams For Dummies

chibi

Well just like me and MANY MANY others, have poor abilitys to read wiring diagrams. I would like some help from some more experianced people to rewrite some diagrams (via the designers permission) so they they can be simply put as IDIOT proof.

If anyones interested, i would really appreciate there help.

Edited by chibi

To misquote somebody, "No device can be made idiot-proof, given a sufficiently talented idiot.". :D What specific wiring diagrams are giving you problems? Most of the guitar wiring that gets posted here is about as simple to read as is practical - got any suggestions for making it easier?

gee thanks...

Personaly, and i'm not the only one. A wiring diagram shows me the circut set up. What it doesn;t tell me is how and which way certain parts go together. i was hoping to find a diagram that would simply show exactly where everything connects...*example* The volume dial, most diagrams just put volume on a line... to those who have had experiance and education in this it make sence.. but to me it doesn;t tell me whish way it is suppose to go together nor which lines goes where. i'm not the best at explaining things but to sum it up, wiring diagrams can be very confusing. so yes.. i am looking for suggestions to make it easier...if not idiot proof(when theres a will theres a way)

And THIS is even more simplified, depending on how you look at things. All those little arrows pointing down are additional wires to solder for the grounding system, not really shown in most diagrams. I picked the neck volume pot casing as the center point for most of the components. Red dots are solder points and green lines are ground wires, btw. :D For those short connections between ground lug and pot casing I usually just bend the lug until it touches the casing and solder it fast.

THANK U!!!

that is the simple i was looking for...

like if people have little idea on wiring diagram... such a myself. we can atleast put things together and figure out how things work on the wirin diagram.

now heres the kicker...

Could you do some wiring diagrams for me so i can start a project of my own...

Theres one i am about to start, ill send the link when i get home. If you could help simplifing this i'd be very grateful.

yea i looked at that... felt kinda dumb when i found it and was talking about this stuff... but i don;t understand is the in and out connection and the gain an volume... like theres volime lug 3... what about lug 1 and 2... i'm assuming for the gain lug 1 is ground? and for in theres only one lead layed out.. wheres the second one?

From the schematic, you'll see that the volume pot has lug 2 as the output and lug 1 going to ground, and that the gainpot also connects lug 1 to ground, as you had assumed. Unless you're willing to learn how to read schematics, you really stand very little chance of wiring your own F/X successfully, and debugging a new build is going to be nearly impossible. There's a pinned topic in the Electronics section that explains the symbols used. HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a wiring diagram like the previous ones for a gibson with two humbuckers, one volume one tone and a three way switch?

Thanks!

Actually the one that's there is for a nighthawk. Not the same guitar but it seems to more or less be the same configuration except for the switch.

Problem is I'm trying to follow the seymour duncan wiring off their website, I thought I had it but it doesn't work hehe.

I posted my problem in the electronics section.

thats not to bad. almost to what i've been looking for... right now i'm more concerned about getting supplies...

I wish there was a site that i can buy an entire kit of parts, may not come with the PCB board but hell if i can get all the parts in one package cheep... that would be awesome

You're probably better off to looking in your yellow pages and finding a surplus store in electronics. There's one here in Toronto and it's almost like a junk yard with new parts lol. It may be even cheaper unless you want to build hundreds, otherwise I'd recommend you get the parts off ebay. Some seller was selling 40 000 red LEDs for 20 bucks a week ago.

Check here http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...dumpster+diving

Ansil may explain a few things you can find in dumpster diving and a few phone calls lol.

All this former talk about wiring up guitars has got be curious...

Anybody know if i could possible do any interesting wiring job to my LTD M-100FM? I have a neck and bridge EMG H4 humbuker pickups...

i'm jsut look go see if there is anything cool i could do.