Tribute To Bluespresence

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so taken back by this I don't know what to say or think. I haven't been able to get to the site all day and my first attempt this evening and this!!!!!

Amazing, I got a couple of things from him a while ago, recently was going to throw away the note he wrote me (it was just a thanks sort of thing laying around) and I nearly threw it away. Now that notes three feet way staring at me and I'm kinda wierded.

My interaction with Steve wasn't best buddy or anything but I really liked the guy for what little I knew of him.

Best wishes to his family. I'm so very sorry.

I know it's as cheesy as the guy who was playing Pantera songs on an acoustic guitar outside the club where Dime was killed, but here goes:

"Take me away

Fly me away

Lift me up so high

Where eagles fly"

It's all I can really think of for a tribute to a guy who gave so much to the forum and really blessed everyone here with his presence. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, and as long as we can still use the search function, he'll always be with us, too.

Good bye, friend. Rest in peace in the arms of the Lord, and may your family feel the healing and gracious spirit of our Savior who has brought us all eternal life through his sacrifice.

This is so sad. Just a week or so ago BP and I were PM'ing about our jobs. We were both in similar careers and both about the same age (I'm 42). He was mentioning that he was on a break from work because he was tired of all the long hours, and wanted to spend more time at home.

I have been planning all week to take off work tomorrow because of family, and it certainly has alot more meaning for me now. We should all spend some time with family, or the ones we care about, because life really is too short.

Peace, my friend.

This has affected me in the strangest way, I had a rough day at school adn work today and I hopped on here to read about guitars. Unfortunately, I have now learned that BP has passed on and it saddens me much more than I had ever thought possible. I never talked to him, and I never had much interaction with him at all, but I thought that BP was a great example of how good this forum could be, whenever anyone lost their cool BP was calm and always was ready to edit someones post or to tell them to knock it off but he never came across as an a**hole. I admired BP for the way he acted, for how intelligent he was and for everything he gave us. I will miss him around here, as I'm sure we all will, and I hope that we never forget the way we would act if he was here. I hope you're in heaven selling guitars to SRV and Jimi and that heaven paypal doesnt have a 3% sellers fee.

R.I.P.

I don't know if this is too early but I've been thinking, would it be possible to make a tribute bass from everyone at PG and present it to Steve's family? You know, a little bit from all over the world to show our condolences from everyone at PG?

Or maybe auction it off and give his family the $. count me in either way. I'll provide some killer maple, flamed or quilted.

MK

edited to add: sorry bad choice of words(killer) how about preemo. I have read many of BPs responses and value his effort. I wish him a wonderful eternal journey and the family my condolences.

MK

WOW I dont know what to say im siting hear in shock!!

I don't know if this is too early but I've been thinking, would it be possible to make a tribute bass from everyone at PG and present it to Steve's family? You know, a little bit from all over the world to show our condolences from everyone at PG?

Or maybe auction it off and give his family the $. count me in either way. I'll provide some killer maple, flamed or quilted.

MK

I dont have much but any thing I have that can be of use I offer up

I certainly don't have the skills worthy of a tribute bass to BP, but if I could be any help, financially or otherwise, I'd love to do my part. His Southern Pearl bass was a huge inspiration to me, so it'd be a real honor to help towards bass worthy of his memory.

I would imagine a Rickenbacker-inspired bass would be in order, given BP's tastes.

R.I.P. Steve.

You will be sorely missed.

A nice way to pay your respects would be to do a search of BP's posts and re-read them.

I really like the idea of a tribute guitar/bass in his honor. Let Brian or I know what you guys end up with and we'll do our best to promote it's auction or get it to his family.

This is bad. I never met him, but over the time that I've been here we've bumped into each other on some threads. BP was a great guy, I feel like I've lost a friend.

Count me in to do anything that I can towards the bass.

Maybe we should have a page somewhere off the main site (or the member section) with a RIP. I know that BP isn't the first member that we've lost over the years and it would be nice to acknowledge what they've left to the forum.

Sad day, thoughts go to the family.

Unfortunately, I have now learned that BP has passed on and it saddens me much more than I had ever thought possible. I never talked to him, and I never had much interaction with him at all, but I thought that BP was a great example of how good this forum could be, whenever anyone lost their cool BP was calm and always was ready to edit someones post or to tell them to knock it off but he never came across as an a**hole. I admired BP for the way he acted, for how intelligent he was and for everything he gave us. I will miss him around here, as I'm sure we all will, and I hope that we never forget the way we would act if he was here. I hope you're in heaven selling guitars to SRV and Jimi and that heaven paypal doesnt have a 3% sellers fee.

R.I.P.

+1

Ive got some wood I could offer up, Ive got a flamed maple top that I was going to use to build A Flying V, I may have some nice stuff for a fret board

I think that every one of us that wants to take part in seting something up should get talking and working it all out asap

!!METAL MATT!! :D

You know I was just reading thru his old posts and topics and he really was A good guy he was funny and he showed a real intrest in music and he loved what he did and thats the true definition of what it means to be a real member of this forum

I think there should be something added to the main page about Steve like a memorial that every one can see any time

I really feel for his family in this time and I know that nothing we do can take that pain away from them but I beleave that we need to do what we can to show that he ment something to the people on this Forum directly or indirectly

RIP STEVE!!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D