Digitech 2112 with the works

Patrick Deno

"The squeeky wheel gets the grease"

... as the saying goes. Well, I guess my insessant and annoying bitching about my problems with my search and lack of funds impressed the rock gawds 'cause they have answered. Last night I secured off of E(vil)-bay germany the Digitech 2112 with Control One pedal board, cables and manual for a fair, if not exactly cheap, price. I had to sell one of my computers to get the final squirt of funds I needed and got it with 'buy now' without having to bid.

It's funny too because I was bidding on the 2101 all this last week and got sniped at the last second last night. I rolled my eyes and scrunched up my face in consternation and frustration and began looking for another right off. Low and behold, I found this deal with 6 days to go and no bids as yet. It was already at a start bid that was more then I had but with the 'buy now' price at a little above that so I talked to a bud and he decided to help me out and bought my spare box outright with cash. Not bad for a bucket of bolts that doesn't even work (yes, he knows, he wants to scrap it for parts).

So, now I have finally gotten the wonder of technology that I have been on a quest for for over 10 years. An era has ended for me and another is about to begin.

Oh, but the best is yet to come folks! One of my co-workers started complaining about being one of the few non-musicians in our company and how much he'd like to learn to play guitar today. Well chit, I thought, I teach and have a spare guitar. I pitched it to him and he's buying my backup axe and gonna take lessons from me. He's buying my guitar for what was left of the price of the 2112. So I am buying this thing outright - no depts and no losses. Basically I'm only paying for in country shipping. It should be here next week sometime.

Come on, do da snoopy dance wid meeeeeeeee!!! B):D:D

Just thought I'd share this with you guys since I annoyed you with this exact subject not too long ago.

:D LJ

*doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance**doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance**doin the snoopy dance*

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Congrats man, know you've been after one for a while...

Fancy a free upgrade to a 2120?! The only physical difference between a 2112 and the 2120 is the Eeprom inside (and the colours of the panels etc). To upgrade to a 2120 you just need to replace the eeprom and change the 2 jumpers inside your 2112 to 256k when using the 2120 eeprom (or 64k for the 2112 eeprom).

I have a 2120 and I upgraded the Eeprom to v2.10 software but I still have the 2120 v2.03 Eeprom that came with the unit. It's just a straight swap so if you want the chip, just let me know. The v2.10 Eeprom is kinda hard to get hold of in the UK (the distributors (Arbiter) don't know jack about the digitech line... I was told that all software updates were downloads and nobody ever heard of the units having eeproms! But get through to the right guy in spares and he knows exactly what you need) but if you want I can try and get you a v2.10 eeprom. They are a free update to 2120 owners but 2112 owners supposedly have to pay because it's a major update, not a minor one - the charge was US$75 in 2000 but it's now £100 RRP in the UK!!! ( see here or here )

Given I don't know what software revision yours is (look on the startup screen and let me know!) I can't tell you what you'd gain by inserting the 2120 v2.03 eeprom... but if you're running v1.03 (the last version for the 2112) then there's loads of updated stuff!

What's new in the v2.10 eeprom over the v2.03? 5 new modules (Pedal Phaser, Reverse, Time Warp, Sampler, and Stereo Sampler), added 41 additional factory patches that came from the 2112 (so would include all the 2120 patches plus 41 of the ones that got chopped) and they fixed the speed of the dynamic modifiers, added the volume pedal update, and made the MIDI implementation better.

If you just want the patches that are available in the latest 2120 update, download This but if you want the other benefits, you'll need to update the eeeprom.

Congrats man, know you've been after one for a while...

Fancy a free upgrade to a 2120?! The only physical difference between a 2112 and the 2120 is the Eeprom inside (and the colours of the panels etc). To upgrade to a 2120 you just need to replace the eeprom and change the 2 jumpers inside your 2112 to 256k when using the 2120 eeprom (or 64k for the 2112 eeprom).

I have a 2120 and I upgraded the Eeprom to v2.10 software but I still have the 2120 v2.03 Eeprom that came with the unit. It's just a straight swap so if you want the chip, just let me know. The v2.10 Eeprom is kinda hard to get hold of in the UK (the distributors (Arbiter) don't know jack about the digitech line... I was told that all software updates were downloads and nobody ever heard of the units having eeproms! But get through to the right guy in spares and he knows exactly what you need) but if you want I can try and get you a v2.10 eeprom. They are a free update to 2120 owners but 2112 owners supposedly have to pay because it's a major update, not a minor one - the charge was US$75 in 2000 but it's now £100 RRP in the UK!!! ( see here or here )

Given I don't know what software revision yours is (look on the startup screen and let me know!) I can't tell you what you'd gain by inserting the 2120 v2.03 eeprom... but if you're running v1.03 (the last version for the 2112) then there's loads of updated stuff!

What's new in the v2.10 eeprom over the v2.03? 5 new modules (Pedal Phaser, Reverse, Time Warp, Sampler, and Stereo Sampler), added 41 additional factory patches that came from the 2112 (so would include all the 2120 patches plus 41 of the ones that got chopped) and they fixed the speed of the dynamic modifiers, added the volume pedal update, and made the MIDI implementation better.

If you just want the patches that are available in the latest 2120 update, download This but if you want the other benefits, you'll need to update the eeeprom.

:o :o :o Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh ... now that sounds sweet!!!!! I'll definately get the info to you as soon as it comes in. I've never been one to turn down an upgrade!

What do ya want for the eprom?

8) LJ

*doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance**doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance* *doin the snoopy dance**doin the snoopy dance*

You so rock Spag, thanks bunches and thanks to everyone else for the good vibes.

P. S. Spag, I sent you an instant message with my address and all. Thanks again.

You so rock Spag, thanks bunches and thanks to everyone else for the good vibes.

P. S. Spag, I sent you an instant message with my address and all. Thanks again.

Ok Jer!

I smell a "Pips, links 'n spam"

type of posting goin on here B)

wuz that like 3 times now.. ¿?

Guest AlexVDL

Does everyone own a Digitech???

I thought I was the only one with the ugly purple bastard in my 19" rack :D

Well congratulations, and have much fun programming the little old bugger B)