!!CAN A NECK BE MAPLE BURL WOOD????!!!

Yeah, I'd stay far far away from that. I'm not sure it's really even do-able (my opinion only)

1) I've never ever seen it done before, probably for good reason, although I have seen lots and lots of solid-burled bodies. That tells me something.

If it was do-able, someone here would have seen one by now. Burl is not a new option, it's been around forever, and I use a lot of burl myself, but in all the guitar-building sites I inhabit, I've never seen one done by anyone, anywhere, and I think we all know why.

2) Truly burled wood has no grain, no inherant strength, no quartersawn traits, that thing could literally take off and warp in any direction imaginable or break at the drop of a hat.

3) Burled wood can often be 'punky' or have soft spots within it like spalted wood does.

Now, a piece of wood that has a few spotty inclusive burls here and there might be a different matter...

But having said all that, I'm all for pushing boundaries and being creative, but I'm also used to experiments not working out= firewood :D