Guitar Of The Month For April

Entrys in order of submission  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lots of variety to choose from this month, all good work...almost. I'd like to see John's "keepin it simple" pictures before I vote. Photobucket links all say the picture is no longer there. Better get them in there John before the voting starts in ernest! :D .

Edited by Southpa

+1

and...how does this work, will there be three winners or a playoff between the sections...or am I just a little slow?

Oh...and all so good I'm going to have a lot of trouble deciding, let alone passing comment... pete

Because of the number of entry's into the contest the voting had to be split up (max 10 per section)

This happened once before and we didn't find out untill somebody tried to vote in only one section that you must vote in all for your vote to count.

Perhaps sometime soon we will either limit the number of entrys or the number of times somebody can submit a guitar but for now this was the easiest way for all entrys to be posted.

There will not be a run off vote unless there is a tie for first place.........

Seems to me at one point there was a Rickenbacker clone for a couple of days there --anyone know what happened to it and where it went? Just curious...

The problem I'm having here is that, while none of these guitars truly rocks my boat, the two or three I'd consider voting for are all in the same category. In order to vote for one of those, I'm forced to vote for guitars I don't want to vote for.

So this system just doesn't work for me, I'm going to have to abstain.

Oh yeah, and since there are no photos for the 'keeping it simple' guitar, maybe it ought to be pulled for this month?

Wow I'm really surprizd Perry isin't getting more votes this time. I usually don't go for reliced guitars. But this one is very well done. Not overly beat up, just slightly aged.

Garehanman and Matt also made some great guitars this month But my vote had to go to Perry on this one :D

EDIT: yes mickguard the ric that was in in for a while was auccually a stock ric. Not a clone.

Edited by Godin SD

you cant, see once you see what the votes are they figure it will sway your voting one way or the other so you arent alllowed to vote after viewing the results...and im pretty sure the button says something like "see result (null vote)"

No offense but this system is VERY flawed. There needs to be a vote for the winners of each pool. Cause look at it this way, since you HAVE to vote for each category... you pick the one you like best, but then you're also picking the ones you like 2nd and 3rd. What if alot of people disagree on which they like 1st... but really agree on which they like 3rd? That way the votes for #1 are spred out, but the votes for #3 are congregated on the third best... which then means the 3rd best guitar will actually win first place!?

Chris

My suggestion... shorten this voting period a bit... and add another poll for the end of the month that does a 3 way head to head of the winners of each pool and close that on the 31st.

Unfortunately the guitar grouped with the weakest competition will get the most votes. Sorry to the guys grouped with my top choices. You will lose because the votes will be split a little in your group. My top three choices would fall into two groups. Just remember it is just for fun, and you are all winners in my book. You guys are building amazing instruments.

Peace,Rich

Wow I'm really surprizd Perry isin't getting more votes this time. I usually don't go for reliced guitars. But this one is very well done. Not overly beat up, just slightly aged.

Garehanman and Matt also made some great guitars this month But my vote had to go to Perry on this one :D

EDIT: yes mickguard the ric that was in in for a while was auccually a stock ric. Not a clone.

Cheers dude, i loved this project. This guitar is for sale (at AUSSIE prices remember) by the owners who contracted me to 'restore' this guitar.

www.therockinn.com

IMO, the simplest solution is to divide the poll, and include a 'null vote' option in each catergory. That way you could still cast a vote in every division (so that the poll would work), but still be able to cast 1 vote for 1 instrument.

Of course, I'd then enter a guitar called 'Null vote' and clean up in every division :D

IMO, the simplest solution is to divide the poll, and include a 'null vote' option in each catergory. That way you could still cast a vote in every division (so that the poll would work), but still be able to cast 1 vote for 1 instrument.

Of course, I'd then enter a guitar called 'Null vote' and clean up in every division :D

Absolute genius... on both counts :D

Kudos to Jehle for building a six-stringer... I was tempted to vote for it until a couple really outstanding guitars showed up. :D

You know, it is March Madness. Pretty soon we'll have to start filling out brackets and stuff... how about a GOTM office pool? :D

I can still make 6-stringers. In fact, I made this one mostly because of the comments here about wishing that the last cigar box guitar had 6-strings. B)

I'm still in the process of distilling the guitar down to the bare minimum. Working with the cigar boxes has really enabled that because I get to focus on the neck building more than anything else. The bridge and electronics are really there just to make it a functional guitar.

As for the brackets, I'll put 5 bucks down for Tundra Mans V project. That looks sweeeet.

I can still make 6-stringers. In fact, I made this one mostly because of the comments here about wishing that the last cigar box guitar had 6-strings. :D

It's my sentimental favorite... does that help? :D

Too bad for thegarehanman he got seeded in that tough "South Regional Bracket"... :DB)

Yeah...I really think that a playoff of the winners of each catagory is the only way to get an absolute winner...or have three winners, but this really doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps in the future the number of entries be restricted to the first ten entries...might be easier to choose, but if the number of worthy entries keep turning up like this, we may need a Guitar of the Week! pete