Guitar Of The Month For April

Guitar of the Month for April  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shutting down the previous poll because of a change in the software so everyone needs to vote again.

This new poll will remain open till sometime towards the latter part of the first week in April so that everyone has a fair chance. The main site will be updated at that time.

Really tough choice this time... WezV or TangTop... hmmm... But I'm a sucker for a dyed maple finish, even if it's black :D

And a very sentimental null vote for Señor Banana's six-stringer B)

And so glad to have the Bard of the Dark Castle back around these parts :D

what a fantastic month!!

in the first poll, my three favourites were in different categories (scottyd's bass, wezv's custom and tundra man's vee).

now that theres one poll it makes it a very hard decision, but scottyd got the vote. that finish!! :D (insert sound of homer drooling here!!)

cheers

darren

My decision came down to scottyd's bass, WesV's custom, and thegarehanman's tang top. DIFFICULT DECISION! However, being a bassist (and unable to recall and bass winning GOTM, although I'm sure there have been), I went with scottyd's bass. That thing is simply GORGEOUS! Props to WesV and thegarehanman as well, however. They were all true pieces of art!

Thanks nitefly.

You know, I'm starting to think that a 10 guitar/month limit might not be a bad idea. Seeing 14 guitars in the poll is really daunting when you go to vote. I'll be interested to see how close the preportions of this poll come to those of the last poll.

peace,

russ

It was all about the bass for me this month.

It's hard to combine exotic woods nicely; often it looks like a pile of random woods thrown together, or it ends up becoming a psychedelic fun-fest of colorful woods from all over the world. This bass walked the line rather nicely-- it's colorful, but tasteful; exotic but still classy. I especially like the bubinga top and back; that clinched it for me.

On another note, Jehle's Boxcaster deserves an honorary mention of some sort; it's just too cool to pass over! :D

So, uh, are we ever going to get to see photos of john's keeping it simple guitar?

But yeah, 14 (or 13) guitars is a lot...maybe erik's right --- when there's 10 or more entries, there could be a playoff vote.

Kind of like a French election...when no party gets a clear majority in the first round of voting, they hold a second round a couple of weeks later, this time only with the highest scoring candidates.

Hi Mickguard...I was just researching this...Johns guitar actually is something special and here is a quote from the thread on making it...these links should work...it's actually something special.

Hello all,

i have not posted here for quite some time, nut i finally got the finger out and finished the 4-string fretless i promised myself, well here she is:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1911.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1907.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1906.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1903.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1902.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1901.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1904.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/sha..._1/IMG_1909.jpg

specs:

mahogany body w/ contoured neck joint.

3pc mahognay neck

ebony fretboard

abalone side dots

gotoh tuners

schaller bridge

Emg HZ pickup

1 vol, 1 tone

just keepin it simple......

the colour is from FIAT, and i think it looks good against the black hardware. I just love this machine...

John.

I would like to suggest that this be allowed to enter again next month as it really hasn't got a fair airing this month...

That said, there is plenty of stiff competition...now I just got to work out who will get my vote and why...like Nitefly, it was easier when you could choose three...hahahaha

still thinking... pete

thanx for posting that psw, that bass looks killer!!

hopefully it will be in may's gotm

TANG TOP!!!

So original. And what a lovely rosewood.

And also, I know you didn't have a pic of the output jack, but I know.. :D

Simply breathtaking.!

Was a hard decision for me between the Impaler and the Tang Top..

That Impaler looks like it could seriously make someone's ears bleed. (No Joke!)

Props to all the contestants!

-IR

Thanks again to those who have voted for me.

I am glad the poll has been restarted even if it does mean i lost the bit that says i had 70% of the vote :D

My favorite guitars (other than mine of course) are also the bass and the tang top.

I was thinking my next guitar is going to be dyed black maple and seeing the tang top has confirmed that decision, probably wont do the wedges on this one though. When i first saw them in the raw wood i wasnt sure but the black makes it a real nice feature.

I am surprised perry hasnt had more votes, that restoration job is beautiful, shame hes keeping his methods secret. I suppose we have all seen too many strats and turn off without noticing the detail thats involved in something like perrys guitar.

Good luck to all the other entries.

Edited by WezV

Kind of like a French election...when no party gets a clear majority in the first round of voting, they hold a second round a couple of weeks later, this time only with the highest scoring candidates.

vivalafrance.JPG

Ah, oui, let's do it like the French :D ...and throw in a few hanging chads for good measure? hehehe :D

Hey hey, the french just have a more emotive approach to a flamming war...don't get it started here monsieur :D oh...is that pic Le Car of the Month voting in progress?

Meanwhile...I have no idea which way the vote is going 'cause I still can't decide what to vote myself!!!

I am torn between the Tang Top and WesV's for quality and originality...even though I am a sucker for a fretless bass, there are two in this comp!!! arghhhh

Yes...the quality of these particular examples shouldn't overwhelm the rest of the field. They are all pretty special... I quite like the mottled blue effect on that strat by hardtdc, i quite like the through neck laminations of unusual71 and the inlay work on the neck. The Impaler looks like it could take an eye out, true...but then Nightfly's looks like it has!! The craftsmanship in Wardd's slide guitar is fabulous, great woods and detail...something I had thought about doing myself with the stepped tuner arrangement. And Tundra's V...so much better than Gibsons laminated version of their own design....

I am still going to have to sit on this a bit longer and read your comments... pete

Hey hey, the french just have a more emotive approach to a flamming war...don't get it started here monsieur :D oh...is that pic Le Car of the Month voting in progress?

Hehehe - all in good fun :D ... that pic was in today's newspaper and I just couldn't resist teasing our beloved expatriate, Monsieur PickGuardian B)

It's ok...i got that...but I was admiring the effectiveness of the french PiqueGuardian car alarm...in the event that someone even looks at your citrone, the think bursts into flame, avoiding theft and adding to riot footage...oh and less insurance hassles, everything is a right off!!!

oppps...off topic...WesV, tang top, wesV, tang top..err...hmmm nice strat there perry...opps...umm, still don't know...too many guitars shaking up my voting criteria! pete