"toxic" Green Forest, Custom Paint.

My only gripe would be where the cavity for the trem is, id like to see that bit done as well, but apart from that looks real good :D

~~ TS ~~

+1 Those cavities need to be taken care off. Even black would be a great choice and will make the guitar stand out a lot better... with the routs like that looks cheap, not custom

its one of those colors that grows on you (literally?) but i like it.

:D

Pls no more comments like that. They will notice at work that I'm online NOT working...

Really like the finish. How did you do it?

I like it. As for painting the cavities, I agree that it needs to be done, at least in black, if not to match the body. May I recomend that you just paint the cavities with shielding paint? It's black, and if you attach a ground signal to it, you get the added bonus of blocking interference. Two birds with one stone, can't beat that...well, not unless you kill three birds, but that's an art. :D

peace,

russ

Thanks guys, its better if i finish the job painting the cavities.

I use a very easy way.

First i paint the guitar in green.

Then i use a cotton shirt i put a sock inside, then i put a few black paint and start to stain the guitar, when i finish y use an airbrush for the details and finito :D

Its more easy than it looks, and even more ease for me to write in english :D

I like it. As for painting the cavities, I agree that it needs to be done, at least in black, if not to match the body. May I recomend that you just paint the cavities with shielding paint? It's black, and if you attach a ground signal to it, you get the added bonus of blocking interference. Two birds with one stone, can't beat that...well, not unless you kill three birds, but that's an art. :D

peace,

russ

Exactly what I'd recommend!!! The Stew Mac shielding paint dries black like Russ said. Heck, watch the Wayne Guitar videos he shields everything that can't be seen.. lol

Thanks guys, its better if i finish the job painting the cavities.

I use a very easy way.

First i paint the guitar in green.

Then i use a cotton shirt i put a sock inside, then i put a few black paint and start to stain the guitar, when i finish y use an airbrush for the details and finito :D

Its more easy than it looks, and even more ease for me to write in english :D

Is it just me or did that not make since to anyone lol. I know he isnt very good at english (no offense ment) but did anyone understand what he said?

No, you're right. I am very interested in how he did this, but it made little sense, to me. I understand he painted the guitar, green, first. I THINK he dabbled the black paint on, with the t-shirt, but what's up with the SOCK? I mean, it DOES look like an interesting finish, in fact, one that I had in mind, and was wondering how to DO it, but I think it would be helpful if he took a few seconds, and elaborated. And I agree that it would look better if there was an edge burst. Either THAT, or a faux binding, with the rest of the guitar in black, maybe. Just my 2 cents.

Another ditto on black cavities!

I thought he meant put a t-shirt in a sock, then dab black paint on the green coat.

No, you're right. I am very interested in how he did this, but it made little sense, to me. I understand he painted the guitar, green, first. I THINK he dabbled the black paint on, with the t-shirt, but what's up with the SOCK? I mean, it DOES look like an interesting finish, in fact, one that I had in mind, and was wondering how to DO it, but I think it would be helpful if he took a few seconds, and elaborated. And I agree that it would look better if there was an edge burst. Either THAT, or a faux binding, with the rest of the guitar in black, maybe. Just my 2 cents.

I think it's the texture of a sock turned inside the shirt, lightly dipped in black paint and dabbed on. Just a guess.

I thought he meant put the shirt OVER the sock, which, to me, didn't make any sense.

BINGO Just like that.

I use the texture of the shirt, the sock its like a baseball ball in your hand, if you want open grain you stretch a little more the shirt, in the other case you just apply the paint

Im learning :D

:D