Guitar Oriented Fiber Optics Kit And Instructions

verhoevenc

So I called up this company that does fiber optics with a question and ended up buying all the stuff I needed for a guitar fiber optics kit. Either way, we got to talking and he says he gets asked alot about this, and on that one tutorial thread everyone was BEGGING for it to be finished. And at the end of it all, between the tutorial's knowledge, my knowledge and his knowledge they have now come up with a kit that includes EVERYTHING you need for fiber optic fret markers... and get this... it's only $19.95!!!

Enjoy it Here

Chris

"there is no emoticion for what i am fealing"- the simpsons

if only that tutorial gets finished, ut thank you sssssssoooooooooooooooooooo much for posting this beats being ripped off by sims custom

The Announcements and Test area is strictly for Forum News and New members to test and get experience using the forum controls.

Many members love to welcome them and help out which is awesome.....

There will be ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS RELATED POSTING IN THIS SECTION.

Take it to the Classifieds or Website Supply Section..........

Can you tell us more about it?

I read the page, but it seems kinda unclear, or I can't understand it too well.

So does it include all the fret markers and side fret markers?

Also, in what way is it "easy"? Don't you have to groove out all the channels? How (well) does the fret markers sit on the fingerboard?

Oh and on the page it says.. 1 - 5mm ("Insert Color"), what are those?? Radius of the fret marker??

Sorry for the long question, but I would like to buy 1 as well before the price goes up. :D

Also, does it come with *full instructions? I guess yes, because that would explain why they haven't finished the tutorial.

-Issac

No, the fret markers are LEDs (which they also sell). But the kit is for the side markers on the neck. you can chose to have either your side markers as 1.5mm or 2mm. As for how to do it, follow that guy's tutorial for how to route the channel, etc. and then that company will tell you how to do the electronics and lighting which is pretty easy. You essentially group together all the fiber ends that run down from your neck and group them together and stick the ends into a tube. at the other end of the tube you pop in an LED of the color you want (this LED is a 5mm led). Then you hook the poles of the LED up to a switch and a resistor to a 9 volt and tada, you're done. You can turn on and off the LED which then shines into the ends of the fibers which carry the light to their other ends, which so happen to be your side dots :D

Chris

• 4 weeks later...