• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry chris, scott's guitar doesn't stand a chance against the meu. However, I'd have to say it'd be a guaranteed win for scott if he'd thrown some short and curlies on the green base coat before clearing it :D . On a serious note, I think you two are evenly matched, but scott's guitar does have more gadgets, and we know how the minds of the statistical PG'er works.

Haven't you done enough to GOTM scott, firstly you own 50% of the voters before your 10th post on this forum and now your doing it again with your 20th post. Wow, I love your work, but I wonder what will happen when you get to your 120th post? That'll be a year, then we need GOTM and GOTYear. lol

Don't worry Chris, as garehan has mentioned, yours is swell too. Its harder to build a hollow-bod, let alone having to drag your tools in and out your house door to work. lol

Each month GOTM is getting more overwhelming. I think there may me a disease made of sawdust entering the cables in which we recieve internet from. Cos quite fankly, I am stunned by all the work (excluding mine) this year.

Edited by rokeros

:D

I think the thin euc guitar that is winning now will be an anonmoly. That thing has amazed pretty much everyone who's seen it since I started it probably 1.5 years ago. There might be some kind of spirits in the woods or something. I don't think my other stuff will be so popular.

:D

I have no idea how I'm going to decide this month, they're all great.

I think setchs guitar (as always) is killer. I'm a sucker for a plain maple top. I like the details of that guitar, but I'm not so sold on the overall design of it. It's nice and all, but It's not something I would wan't to play every night.

doeringers is very good also but the ovatione-like headstock is a real turnoff for me. I also don't like the choice of colors on it.

verhoevencs is nice as well, but again, I like the details but not the overall design. I don't really like the use of terquoise in guitars but this is is very well done.

No offence Scott but that color reminds me of puke :D:D I'm sure it's what the customer wanted, but honestly I would have -never- built a guitar in that color. IMHO it ruines an otherwise very nice guitar. Please don't take that the wrong way, obviously you are a great builder and I have alot of respect for you.

Mine, well I won't comment on mine except to say if we we're having an artistic photo contest I think I would win B):D

All the guitars this month are awesome and I would want to own any one of them B)

Edited by Godin SD

but the ovatione-like headstock is a real turnoff for me.

People with potato-shaped guitars shouldn't cast stones :D

Just giving you a hard time B) ... that shape actually kinda grows on you. Makes me think of Mark Mothersbaugh's (DEVO) potato guitar, though much more classy and refined. Nice job on the binding.

And one man's puke green is another's, well, I don't know... chartreuse? :D

Nice work, everyone!

Mike

(P.S. - no apostrophe in "want", Godin :D )

The guitars keep getting better and better every month, but I gotta say, the PHOTOGRAPHY is getting better and better every month. Seriously, Scott and Godin have really pulled out some high-quality shots of their axes this month. Godin's especially reminds me of the pix on PRS' website and the black and white thing is cool too.

But hey, I was a shutterbug long before I started playing the guitar, so I kind of dig that sort of thing every now and then.

mickguard, it was the guys beard, i called it a pubeburst cus that what it looked like, i like scott's odd solid color choices, they some how fit his unique body shapes.but man, the guys beard? kinda looked like you were running a cat nursery in your spray room or something.

Scott, I love that green guitar! That color is really growing on me... I mean literally, it's growing on me. JK. My favorite part of this guitar in the neck joint. Very cool.

Godin, nice looking guitar. My only criticism would be the maple binding (I know, everyones favorite part). I think the maple looks great against the ebony alone, or against the wenge alone, but where all 3 come together I find it to be distracting. Your pictures are great though. Too bad this isn't a photo contest :D:D

Not many people like the color, but I'm all about the green. I probably would have never gone there on my own, but now that I have I am really glad for it.

Chris, I've got a pretty old Digital Camera too (5 year old model, had it almost 4 years)... there's tape holding the flash card cover closed so the camera will turn on. :D

It was Spencer Seim's beard. I still have some left over. I almost used some of it on the current guitar of the month (it's his too)... I just couldn't bring myself to cover and of that pretty wood.

Chris, I've got a pretty old Digital Camera too (5 year old model, had it almost 4 years)... there's tape holding the flash card cover closed so the camera will turn on. :D

Ha - me too! My Nikon coolpix has a tab of silver duct tape holding the battery/flash card cover shut.

O man this is such a hard one to vote on! I think i may just have to vote for the all wenge one but for a first build how can you not vote for verhoevenc! Ahhh and setch has such a nice guitar as well! damn you peopla and your good luthier skills! haha

Well anyways who ever i vote for all of your guitars are great.

Hey thanks guys, if I get one vote I'll be happy. There are always such fantastic instruments on here and this month is no exception.

I also don't like the choice of colors on it.
. The client wanted the heritage burst, I tried to get him to go natural since the woods looked so great together, but it was his guitar...