Solid Body Top Sets

fryovanni

I have decided to test out my web page layout and sell off a few carved and drop tops. Please feel free to give me some feedback on the navigation, layout, information presentation and so forth. I will use the feedback to improve my web page layout when I open up full time. I am still trying to improve my picture taking, and will try to update them if I find a better method (suggestions on taking pics would be appreciated). Here is the link.

Tops for sale

Peace, Rich :D

P.S. I have a link to my E-mail address on the page, but it is fine to PM me if you would prefer.

Looks good, Rich!

Except your logo/banner at the top doesn't load.

Love that gallery of flame tops... I'll be calling when I'm ready for my next carved top. :D

Mike

Thanks Mike,

That's odd that the logo didn't load. I just clicked the link and it loaded. Maybe it was just a glitch. :D

Peace,Rich

Tried it again, still just the placeholder frame.

Are you just selling tops, or will you have core woods as well, i.e. mahogany?

I was just going to sell some tops for a little bit. There are a couple guys on the board that are selling body wood (Mahogany, Limba, Alder), and others seemed to be pretty happy with them. If you need something special you can shoot me a PM Mike. I will see if I have what you need (I still have all sorts of wood, I am just not ready to open up everything for sale again- Just takes a bit too much of my time).

Peace,Rich

Pssst, Rich, the banner links to a file on your hard drive (file:///C|/fryweb/logo.gif). B)

:D That explains it. I am not a web guy, as you can tell. I think I fixed it (I hope). Thank you so much for helping me out. :D

Peace,Rich

Rich,

The site looks great and works well for me. I did notice that on the body woods, it shows the picture size but no prices. Don't know if that is intentional or not.

Nice work.

Marty

I think you are looking at the sections of the site that are not updated. If you are looking at the page with links to fretboards, body blanks, acoustic sets and so forth. It is all old informations that I have not updated. I set up part of the tops section for a test drive. The prices for all the tops are part of the pictures file name. It appears by the thumbnail and enlarged photo's.

Also: To make sure it is clear. I have two pictures per. top set xxa-$xx would be the front picture and xxb-$xx would be the back view of the same set. I think it may have through off some people. I am going to state front and back from now on.

Just out of curiosity- would you guys prefer to see a third picture of the wood wet with Naptha (to get a betterview of figure/ color when finished)?

Peace,Rich

Hi All! Darci here (the wife),

Just a quick update; the following tops are already spoken for:

#3 Flame

#4 Flame

#9 Flame

#16 Flame

#19 Flame

#41 Walnut

#46 Redwood

#47 Redwood

#57 Spalted

Rich will update the website later tonight to reflect the sales, but I am way to computer dumb to even attempt it. To make things easier and go quicker we are just charging a flat fee of $5.00 for total shipping no matter which top set, or how many you order. This is for the contiguous 48 states. Alaska, Hawaii, and non US shipping will be higher--But we will work with you on it so you dont pay full shipping costs. This is our way of saying thanks to all of the Project Guitar crew.

Also, when you order, send the order to the email on the website. You will however receive the PayPal invoice from my email address.

Thanks,

Darci

I may well pick some tops myself, but let me first say how helpful Rich and Darci were in getting my last order to me - they rock,and their mechandise is top notch. Anyone in the UK or Europe wanting to order rest assured that the stuff will be carefully packed and accompanied by all the relevant paperwork.

I don't suppose you've got any accoustic sets around rich?

The site looks great! Everything worked fine for me and the pics are good quality.

+1 on Setch's comment. I've placed a few orders with Rich and Darci and both product and service is excellent. Plus, they're really cool people and a pleasure to deal with. :D

Rich, I would definetly do the third pic with the naptha, sometimes the wood just has amazing figure but the pics cant show display anywhere near what it is actually like in person (although your pictures do look really good).

Edited by rbjem

Rich, I would definetly do the third pic with the naptha, sometimes the wood just has amazing figure but the pics cant show display anywhere near what it is actually like in person (although your pictures do look really good).

It sounds like a few guys would like to see the sets "wet". I did do that in the past,but had quite a few poeple that thought the wood was darker than it truely was. I also know some people think it is kinda false advertising, but I think those guys can read the wood pretty good with it dry. It is commonly done that way though, and as long as I have "dry" pics also. I guess I should do it. Good pictures are a real challenge for sure. Thanks for the input.

Peace,Rich

For the record: I got my fiddleback and spalt tops in the mail today and they are absolutely awesome. I wetted them down and the figuring looked 10x better than it did in the pics. Better yet, this stuff is just sanded to around 120. I'm sure it will be stunning once I get it fine sanded. Thanks, as usual, rich.

peace,

russ

Not to be a stickler, but are these quilt maple tops bookmatched? Sometimes it doesn't appear so down the center cut...maybe im just a doof?

If they're at an angle, there may be a 'negative' effect going on, because of the inherent runout, as if the bookmatch is off by just a certain amount. They all look dead-on bookmatched to me.

Not to be a stickler, but are these quilt maple tops bookmatched? Sometimes it doesn't appear so down the center cut...maybe im just a doof?

Absolutely bookmateched sets. You are probably either looking at a picture of the back of the set (each has a front and back shot) which of course is opposite the match, or the figures mirror looking odd ( my pictures are not as good as they should be.). I am going to try to take better pictures(including a "wet" pic). I just need to find some time. I cut and sanded the sets myself so I can assure you they are bookmatched.

Peace,Rich

P.S. It's good to be a stickler.

I like the site. It has a comfortable feel to it, the pics load nice and quick (even for dial-up dinosaurs like me), they are a good size, etc. Good stuff all around.

The only thing I would like to see are the dimensions of the pieces. I know I can see the ruler marks, but I can't see a lot of the length markers, I can usually see the width markers, just thought it would be nice to have the length and width listed maybe under the fingernail or something.

Some of us build Flying V's you know, not everything is 16 x 18. :D:D

Nice site tho. B):D

I like the site. It has a comfortable feel to it, the pics load nice and quick (even for dial-up dinosaurs like me), they are a good size, etc. Good stuff all around.

The only thing I would like to see are the dimensions of the pieces. I know I can see the ruler marks, but I can't see a lot of the length markers, I can usually see the width markers, just thought it would be nice to have the length and width listed maybe under the fingernail or something.

Some of us build Flying V's you know, not everything is 16 x 18. :D:D

Nice site tho. B):D

Thanks for the feedback Drak. I have been trying to come up with the best way to present all the info(including it in the back picture was an attempt to be efficient- I will see how I can add the info using text with the software that generates the pages), provide enough pics, improve the picture quality, keep the pictures "honest"without wetting (I have discovered some like them both ways), keep the parts orderly (easy to identify the part #), Keep the site fast enough, and make browsing for different parts easy(when I open the whole thing up). I need to keep the process as simple as possible because believe me it can take a lot of time to get this stuff organized,pictures taken, and maintain. Hopefully if I get the system down.

Peace,Rich