I Need Balls...

Jehle

For any of you guys that castrate your strings for locking trems, I'd like to have your balls... :D

I use those little ball ends as strings ferrules on my cigar box guitars. If you have a few in the trash, and if you don't mind mailing them to me, PM or email me and I'll give you the address to mail them to.

Thanks for your balls. :D

I'll start saving 'em...

You wouldn't happen to be playing anotellis this Sat. would you? I'll be home for a visit.

R-

I keep trying to understand this question. What is anotellis? I suppose given that I asked, it's a pretty good assumption that I'm not playing there. :D

I'd send ya mine... but I'm saving 'em to make some hemp bracelets and such with them. Besides, all I have are bass balls, and they might be too big.

Ah, but do you have a brass monkey that you could freeze available? They might do the trick.

Glad you like the double entendre of the thread Dino.

<voice over video of starving string balls with flies swarming around them>

I've received a lot of support and now have many unwanted, unloved, wayward balls. They just needed someone to love them. Without support from viewers like you, there would be many homeless string balls, discarded and living out of urban trash cans to survive. Sadly, many of these balls are forgotten in our land fills.

<jump cut to spokesperson standing in muddy street with string balls in hand>

Won't you please help...

Sorry for the typo. I thought you had told me once you played ANTONELLI's in Gadsden, Cotton-country Alabama. It was a longshot that I was in town for a night before going to mexico on vacation. *shrugs* maybe it wasn't you. In anycase my balls are stacking up.

R-

Sorry for the typo. I thought you had told me once you played ANTONELLI's in Gadsden, Cotton-country Alabama. It was a longshot that I was in town for a night before going to mexico on vacation. *shrugs* maybe it wasn't you. In anycase my balls are stacking up.

R-

True, though I am a stones throw away from Gadsden, I've never played there. Maybe Lovekraft? I dunno how many Bama folk there are on here. Last I knew, there were only 2 of us.

Thanks for letting me know what you meant by that. I had no clue what you were talking about. :D

• 6 months later...

It's hard to believe, but I've gone through my entire stock of brass string balls for my cigar box guitar army. So, all you Floyd players out there, and people changing your strings... If you have a bunch of these little brass string balls laying around, I have need for them.

MVC-006F.jpg

Think of it as recycling and giving those unwanted balls a permanant home in a cigar box guitar where they will continue to make music.

Thanks!

Thanks Skatz,

I'll put them to good use in my Cigar Box Guitars and DVD Box Sets (Cigar Box Guitar Kits).

I wonder if there's a way I can make a bulk order of these things direct from the string company? There has to be a source for these things.

Any suggestions or interesting Google results people?

it may sound crazy...but have you looked at beading websites (for jewellers) ?

i noticed some that are fairly close - unless you're strictly wanting real guitar ball-ends for mojo factor :D

Hey, that is a good idea. I'll look into that.

I also thought about looking at some small hex screws at Ace Hardware too. I got to thinking about it and I know that they have some small ones that could probably have a 1/16" hole drilled through them.

The beads sound like a better solution though. No drilling in metal required. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Great news everyone...

On a whim I stopped by one of the better guitar stores in my home town, and I asked them about what they do with all the string balls that they cut off when they change their strings and stuff. After talking to the guy there for a bit and explaining what I use them for, his eyes got really wide... "What do you sell them for?"

As it turns out, he was totally mesmerized by a guitar made from a Coke can recently and he couldn't get the guy that made it sell it to him. We made a hand-shake deal on the spot. "I'll set you up with all the balls you need, just make me a deal on one of those guitars!"

To top that off... We also talked about setting up a consignment sales possibility there in the store.

First things first though. I gotta deliver a cigar box guitar to him. Then I'll move in for the kill with DVD's and CBG's for sale there in the shop. Then I'll get Joe Satriani to play one or something... Gotta advertise. :D

2007 is going to be a very good year!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank those that have sent me some fresh brass string balls. I really appreciated getting them in the mail.

As I mentioned in my last post, 2007 is already off to a good start. I need to get back in touch with the local guitar shop and get the consignment sales in order. But before that happens I need to get a template ready to go into mass production. When things get into high gear, I'll post a link elsewhere to tout my works and such.

Thanks again for everyones help in getting old strings and stuff to me!