Radius Blocks For Sale

GuitarGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine, (18" long, 12" radius)and I have to say it's *nice*. Bigger and sturdier and heavier than the Stewmac ones I have (which is nice, especially with the extra long length, and since I really wanted it for using as a clamping caul for fretboards more than anything else) Nice wood too, and it's dead straight along it's length, and the radius checks out perfect too. I mean, there's not much you can really say about a radius block, but this one is a real nice one. Plus, it's nice to help support the people who make this board so nice.

could u do a 12 and 16 inch? How much more would it be for aluminum? I want the 12, 16, and 10, in the long version.

Man Im sorry Duff, I never noticed your post here until it came back up today. I've made up a price list trying to keep it reasonable but still covering my time as well.

18" block $22.50

Right now I have the aluminum to make a 16" one. The price for aluminum I havent settled on yet. Probablly around the $65 mark but I have to see how much trouble they are yet.

The construction of the aluminum ones will be different than stewmac. I was going to go with a 1/2" aluminum plate with a 1" wood backer to give it strength and a handle. So we'll see how that works out.

Also I will ship to anyone from PG regardless of location and it will go as a gift to keep the government out of your pocket for a while.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, this is a shameless bump. I have more 18" blocks up. I've been makin' only 18" ones cus thats all people seem to want and you can make em shorter if need be.

I made a couple of wider 4" ones out of UHMW. They're listed at the above link as well. I don't know if im charging to much for these or not? I think I'm like most other hobby builders. I feel guilty charging a lot of money for stuff that could help other people build.

My block came the other day, you did an awesome job, and I'll definately be getting more from you in the future, way better than any others I've seen.

The stealth block.... :D . Sorry again for the shipping screw up.

That's cool man, that stuff happens. As far as it being stealth, I "lost" it for a few hours in a dark corner of my workshop. I might have to paint a reflective stripe down it incase it falls off the bench again.

• 3 months later...

Haulin up an old thread here. I'm still making radius blocks and in addition I started making precision sanding beams on the mill.

I'll have some longer beams in the near future.

Link to my sellers page.

Edited by GuitarGuy

I just thought I'd pop in here and give my experience. I bought five 8" radius blocks from guitarguy on ebay (though I don't think I ever mentioned to him that I heard about them from this site), and they're quite lovely. Very solid quartersawn wood. I'll be using them for fret leveling myself. I got them in 9.5", 10", 12", 14", and 16" radii. Sealed them with a rattle can poly finish, and I think they'll last me a long time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again if I needed any more tools of this type. :D

Edited by Mind Riot

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi again, I have a bunch of block ends listed ends listed cheap on ebay. I also have 8", 14" and 16" steel fret leveling beams as well.

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZlegodude0

***the link button wont work. The same link is in the first post of this thread.

Edited by GuitarGuy

• 3 months later...