Pedal

matttheguy

I bet two of the wires (one from each set) is connected further in the plug. If you have a multi-meter you can test them to figure out which ones are mated. If you don't, strip all the wires, and one by one test them with a 9v battery, looking for a spark. Just hold on of the wires on to one terminal, and touch the others to the other terminal and look for a spark. Once you've found them, you now have the ground wires. Those TWO will represent the two wires that come off the one connector thing (its late, I can't think of an appropriate word).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, if the dsp is on when circuit is broken, take the wire coming off the dsp's led, and move it to the top right switch terminal. That will mean led is on when dsp is on. I have drawn everything to look like the parts I use, the plugs I use look exactly like that inside. A multimeter would help you if you aren't sure which connection on the stereo jack does what, but with trial and error you should be able to figure it out. Also, my dad reckons you can use a resistor value down to around 1k, any lower can risky at 9volts. I just use 47k, because I always have.

Anyway, I've got no orders at the moment, so I'll be around tomorrow, and will check back to see how you are going.

Edited by Mr Alex

Um... there are only 6 possibilities, not millions...

Surely you aren't trying to test individual strands, are you?

Here is a picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/insignia100/plug.jpg

This is assuming that you have two separate wires coming out of the plug, each with two wires inside of it. If so, ground will either be 1 & 3, 1 & 4, 2 & 3, or 2 & 4.

Alright, it looks just like the regular jack that I was using before, BUT, it does control both (be it not separately!), so I think it has stereo...:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/670/old5mj.jpg

BUT! I found this from my old set of computer speakers, the little 1/4" green jack usually goes into a sound card, but with the correct adapter it fit in just fine, and it has two different plugs, red and white, and when touched correctly around the switch terminals (outer edge to one, center plug to another), they control things separately! If I tear the red and white plugs off, will it be painfully obvious then? If so, I'll just tear this apart and use it as I probably wont need it ever again.:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5513/speakers9cm.jpg

Edited by matttheguy

The speaker jack will definately work. I can't the actual jack in the first picture, but its definately NOT stereo. If you look at your computer speaker cable, you see that the jack as 3 different contact points -- 2 separate contacts with a common ground contact (which I believe is the long one.

Anyway, yes, the computer cable will work perfectly. Each of the wires coming out of the jack will have two wires within them. With that jack, my diagram should work, so long as you figure out which wires go to ground. :D