Time for another project........

BeAR

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the inside cavity is cleaned up Ill glue a new top inside the routed rebate, then sand till he top is completely flush. I should be able to hide the edges with some careful Dremel work and some filling.

Im not sure whether to go with a similar soundhole to the Fender, or maybe an "F" hole like the thinline Tele's.

Ill make a bridge from Rosewood as per the original, and fit a split Piezo system to give me decent intonation. Preamp will be a 9volt system, which Ill design and build later. Ive got some schematics drawn up which Ill post when they are tested and working.

For a start, I couldnt think of a better thing to do with a Squire than remove as much of the **** sounding wood as possible. It should be a beautiful thing when its finished so I dont see it as a waste.

The beauty of 2 incomes and no kids means that I can still pay the bills and torture Korean guitars without losing too much sleep!!!! ........hehe, just think of it as a relic until its finished.

you know, i haven't built guitars yet or anything (though i'm trying to get started on one as i write this...looking for parts stilll), but i had that idea already! i was just gonna do it to a cheap SG body (possibly the one i build) and instead of using F-holes, i was gonna go with the uneven "X" that you usually see on pianos (one of the pieces is 3 times as long as the other and they cross at a 120 degree angle instead of 90). just because you beat me to it...grr...

still, though, the thing looks great. keep up some pictures, and don't torture that poor body much anymore. how would you like to have your inards hollowed out?

StratMan :D

Thanks, its good to see that someone has faith in me :D

Im having the hardest time trying to decide whether to cut the headstock down from the 70's Big style to a regular Fender size and what colour to do.

Heres the logo I have in mind for the small headstock.

Fender%2BAcoustasonic%2BLogo.jpg

If go this way, I might do the body in a mid blue or burgandy metallic like the originals.

............Im so confused.

It's a custom, Bear; choose a non-standard colour. From what I've heard about them, it's already better than the acousticaster....