Time for another project........

BeAR

I cannot recommend the 1mm underlap of finish under the bridge - this is the cause of many many bridges popping. Your finish will raise the bridge above the body wood, and you will end up with an undesirably thick layer of glue holding the bridge. Good bridge glues *do not* gapfill well, and the glue joint created will be weak. You are better off to score around the bridge very carefully and remove the finish completely in this area. It's a little more timeconsuming, but produces a much much stronger glue joint.

Given what a great job you've done so far it would be a shame to cut corners at this point :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input guys.

As I said earlier tho......"remove the finish under the bridge before gluing..." It will be bonded to the wood, not the paint.

Thanks for the concern guys, I feel loved :D

After reading 5 pages and mostly looking at the pictures, I'm not surprised I missed that detail. It was a needle in a haystack.

Come to think of it, why would anyone be doing needle work near a haystack in the first place. If one where actually sew inside (where I do all of my sewing), there would be no risk of misplacing a needle anywhere near a haystack. :?

you know, you have an amazing point. i have never, nor do i plan on sewing anywhere near a haystack. knitting, possibly, but never sewing. they should really change that saying to something that makes more sense. a needle in a down pillow or something.

yes but if there WERE,in fact a needle in a haystack,it would be incredibly hard to find,which is why they should leave the saying as it is... :D

on the other hand,it would be much easier to find a needle in a down pillow,as it would eventually work it's way to the outside,poking you in the head

i think this deserves it's own string. i'm gonna go get it started.

you have an excellent point. we'll keep it here and see if we can keep this topic on the front page of the forum for a record long time or something. i like that idea. that way, i can show all my friend's bear's cool project and not have to dig it up. just open the mainpage of the forum and there it is.

(speaking of your project, how soon until finished pics will be up?)

then you're just plain screwed, i guess...

oh no, the postings are slowing down, let's not make this thing go to page two of the solid body guitar and bass forum, now. gotta keep it on top, just for the heck of it...

I don't see the problem.

Whenever I lose a needle, papertag, screw or anything with a sharp point on it, I just take off my shoes and socks, turn out the lights and in a few seconds I step in/on it. It's so easy.

So it shouldn't be that hard to find a needle in a haystack. Just close your eyes, take off your shoes and socks, walk around, and you'll find the needle and with a little luck some needles someone else has lost.

:D

give a child 4 football pitched size areas to run, play and have fun. Put some dog poo in and give em 10 mins at most and they will find it.

actually (commenting on the diamonds here), all of our precious metals, ie gold, platinum, silver, etc, are formed only during supernovas. they are then bombarded onto asteroid fields, planets, etc, and finally, dropped off here. they are the product of a higher form of fission that doesn't lead to a: radiation or b: balanced molecules (equal number of protons and nuetrons, a multiple of 2 - 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64...).

betcha didn't know that.

gotta love astronomy classes. :D

Ho S-D-Dan

True enough about the heavy elements and supenovae...the difference with the diamonds is that there are enough atoms to make a discreet mineral grain.

I'm from northern Illinois originally...there must be something in the water that brings out the inner-physicist...

About the horse...burn it down too.

It appears this thread has been officially hijacked.

aye.