Single-Coil sized humbuckers

antique_dream

Seymour Duncan makes a few of those. I've installed a JBjr in the bridge of a Strat. Beefy rock grind with any high gain settings and of course noiseless. I have a Lil59 in my current Tele bridge, not as hot but perfect in the Tele with my CC neck.

The JBjr put in the bridge will be your favorite pup in that Strat and give it the balls it needs. :D

From what i've seen on the market, there are generaly 2 kinds, the single coil sized humbuckers that your probably refering to are like the Lil59, JBjr, hotrails, cool rails etc by seymour. Basicly what they did was just make the bobbins narrower so that the whole pickup would fit in a single coil slot. There's still 1 magnet, and 2 coils and on most of them 4 wires for doing coil tapping. The other kind are stacked pickups, where there are essentially 2 single coils mounted on top of each other. This may require some additional routing to your guitar in order for them to fit properly, and this style of pickup is used when you want to keep that sing coil sound, and look, but ditch the hummmmmmmm I think, but i'm not sure, that that's how the fender noiseless pickups work.