Guitar Of The Month For September

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime the 24th of August then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Well, i've already shown this in the finished section but a few of the guys from the UK guitar builders forum recon i should make this my maiden GOTM entry so here we go: (i pressume i'm allowed to do this ?)

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

Nocturne NC1 - Here's the specs:

Body: One peice flamed sycamore

Neck: Three peice laminated maple, 25.5" scale over 26 frets, ebony board with Dangermouse cartoon inlays, high wide fret wire, flame maple headplate, Wilkinson tuners, magnetic TRC

Hardware: Floyd Rose II with an R2 nut, aluminium checkerplate covers

Electrics: GFS crunchy PAF and overwound single, single volume, three way blade switch, upsidedown rim mounted strat jack

Finish: black 'n back then Chestnut products blue dye doctored a bit to make it a bit greener and then all wraped up in around 30 coats of nitro

Thanks for looking,

Jem :D

Presenting the Desert Pixie!

This bass is my second creation; the first I made with the help of my dad, but this one was all mine.

First, some specs:

Swamp Ash body (Thanks to Guitarfrenzy for the stellar blank) with matching wood cavity cover

1/4" Flame maple cap

Birdseye on Birdseye Warmoth P-Bass Neck with Stainless Steel Jumbo frets (plays -way- smooth!)

2 G&L MFD Bass Humbuckers

Gotoh GB-7 Tuners

No-name bridge (from Guitarfetish, I think, on eBay)

DR Black Beauty strings, gauge 45-105

The whole thing was finished with automotive polyurethane by a local body shop.

Controls:

V-V-T, with a 1 meg tone pot and 500k volume pots

North/Both/South coil selector for each pickup (the black switches)

Momentary kill switch (the silver one)

Tonally, this bass is relatively versatile; it sounds good for most applications, with the exception of really clean hi-fi stuff (a la EMGs), but sounds exceptional for funk slap and metal applications. It's got a big, chunky sound that's bright but not overly piercing, and cuts through the mix quite well. I don't have sound clips for lack of a suitable recording device, but if I can scrounge something up by the end of the month (and find a place to host it) I'll get the links on this entry.

So, I guess there's nothing left but to show you the pictures. These were taken with a Canon Powershot SD300, 4.0 megapixel camera.

The full front:

t4.JPG

The front of the body:

t3.JPG

The back--the matching control cover was not cut from the same piece of wood, but from a cutoff, and yet the grain matches surprisingly well:

t1.JPG

Here's a photo of the Desert Pixie with its big sister, the Forest Pixie (my first build):

t2.JPG

Enjoy, and if you have any questions, please address them to my build thread, found here.

Edited by skibum5545

• 3 weeks later...

A simpler, more traditional design than my other guitars.

Mahogany body with a maple stripe

Three pieces maple neck

Cocobolo fretboard

24 jumbo frets

Paua abalone dot inlay

Gotoh chrome hardware

String thru body

DiMarzio Steve's Special in the bridge

DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck

Vol. Tone, 3-way PU selector

Graphtech Tremnut

Full.jpg

Body.jpg

Back.jpg

Head.jpg

Posting for member mtc

PLCWhole.JPG

The core of the body is made of twenty pieces of wood from around the globe laminated together. The top and back are made of book matched quilted maple. Neck is a five piece made, quilted maple, purple heart, zebrawood, purple heart, quilted maple. The fret board is made of purple heart.

Pickups: Bridge: Dimarzio Air Norton

Neck: Dimarzio Virtual Vintage

Switching: One three way to control pickup selection

Two DPDT switches, one controlling both coil splits and one

controlling the bridge pickup phase

One Volume and one tone

One momentary push-button switch for staccato effect

Tuners: Grover

Bridge: Hipshot styled with strings going through body

PLCUpclosefrnt.JPG

PLCRearheadstock.JPG

PLCrear.JPG