September Contest

Which entry do you prefer?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, i have to say I feel uneasy about this whole thing now. Since I'm the one who is leading in this, I feel you guys are directing this crap at me. Believe me, in no way, would I pull this kind of garbage as "ramping up votes". I wouldn't have even entered my name in this contest if it weren't suggested that I do so. Brian, please do me a favor and pull me out of this thing as I want no part of it if it's going to be like this. I thought this place might be a little different than other forums but I guess they are all getting to be the same now.

I really thought this was going to be a place where I could learn and help out wherever I could but I don't want to be any part of this trivial crap. Sorry if I offended anyone in any way but I'm done.

Dave->

Why? If you're innocent than f*ck the rest dude :D

Your guitar is definatly worth being in this poll, it looks awesome and sound bitchin too!! :D

But you have to admit, the new member **** is kinda weird huh? B)

Yes, I completely understand that the new member crap is ridiculous but why be a part of it? I know what I'm capable of in guitar building, and the last thing that I want anyone to think is that I had to "cheat" to win or someone pissed off at me because they thought that thier project was more creative or skilled worthy to be losing to me. Not worth it to me I guess. Thanks for your kind words anyway though..........

Dave->

i am not accusing anyone.this is a great forum...unfortunately every now and then there is some drama.i don't really even know that these new "members" are voting....that is up to brian to decide.

and i agree with alex,your guitar definately deserves to be in this contest.the reason i didn't enter my v was i knew it was not good enough to compete with yours,alex's,or rhoads.

but my next one will be :D

don't worry about it...let the administrator take care of it

could just be one guy doing it who just really likes your guitar.it doesn't prove anything except that there is a loophole that needs to be closed

But what if there are multiple people using the same computer? Or different computers on the same cable network??

I guess it's a bigger problem that can't be solved... we should just act as civilised grown ups, not competing kids!

But what if there are multiple people using the same computer? Or different computers on the same cable network??

I guess it's a bigger problem that can't be solved... we should just ask as civilised grown ups, not competing kids!

contact brian, explain the situation, and he'll creat the account manually or he can just override the accounts rule to allow another member(s) for the specific ip (sorry to make more work for ya brian :D )... and also have wes's idea in there 2... the two of them combined would be ideal

And there won't be any rule stateing you can't re-enter into the next months contest at this point. If scalping votes turns out to be a problem I can figure something out but in all seriousness the forum is growing at a rapid rate, hummm were getting popular

:D<put's on cheap sunglasses

I think all the guitars look great and would love to see that rule enforced.. I think it should be 100 votes though before you can vote on GOTM, because it would make it really hard then just to get another vote in. I personally voted for Rhoads guitar, simply because I love the attention to detail he put into it and the looks. But then again all of them was great.. Budman was very creative with his guitar, making a totally new look, which is very inventive... Alex's also was very very good.. heck what am I saying.. it was a very close call on my part.. Keep up the good work guys, they all look great!!!!!!!!!

Matt

The easiest way would simply to manually vote... there aren't that many of us that it would be a major pain in the ass, and we know who's who, and who doesn't belong.

BTW, if any of this is to happen, we need to set a minimum post requirement before the next poll/vote, not during.

BTW, if any of this is to happen, we need to set a minimum post requirement before the next poll/vote, not during.

Oh so true and what ever you guys come up with I'm sure will be fine. Please keep in mind though if I step up where you have to have a certain number of post's in order to vote on the poll it will effect all the polls in the forum. The software is killer compaired to the old days but it still hasn't advanced that far into the future where I can have selective post moderation.

I could set up a section completely for members with a certain statue in post count so it's only visable to them like the Advanced Chat section and we use it only for voting on this contest (just a thought)

I could set up a section completely for members with a certain statue in post count so it's only visable to them like the Advanced Chat section and we use it only for voting on this contest (just a thought)

that sounds like the most feasable alternative.all that multiple address stuff seems needlessly complex when a simple post count would be effective

:DB):D

:D

I also think that is an excellent idea as well. I think the whole idea of having to have a certain number of posts(the higher, the better) before having the priviledge to vote may seem harsh to newcomers(which I still consider myself at 70 posts) but I think once they have been here for a while they will completely understand as I do.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Dave->