Guitar Of The Month For October

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime the 21st of September then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Okay, so it's not "traditional" for the most part....

SoulMate Model 06 Burst

Korina body and neck

5A quilt top

Burst dye

Schaller locking tuners

Ebony fingerboard with abalone flame inlay (Custom Inlay did the inlay)

DP 100 pickups (DiMarzio)

Gotoh 510 bridge

Set neck

25-1/2" scale

cw2top_800.jpg

cw2angle2_600.jpg

CW_angle1.jpg

-Doug

-PS- I'm no photographer so the top does not have depth in the images like the real thing. I tried. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally finished one, I think it's been over a year since the last.

Here we go:

Spalted Maple Top over 2-Piece Alder body

Spalt incursions filled in with Blue Sparkle tinted 2-part epoxy

Spalted top filled with CA glue

Finish - Nitro Lacquer. I added a VERY slight amber tint to make the body match the factory-tinted Amber neck, I think it matches quite nicely and is a very subtle shading, almost not noticable.

Neck - Warmoth Triple-A Birdseye Maple neck

Tuners - Gold Schaller

Bridge - Glendale bridge that I had gold plated locally, a one-of-a-kind since Glendale doesn't offer this option.

Saddles - Glendale Heat Treated Steel Compensated Saddles. Very Sweet and perfect intonation.

Bridge pkp - Harmonic Design S-90 Tele Bridge (P-90 designed, but still biting/slashing single coil Tele sound)

Middle and Neck pkps - Lace Sensor Hot Golds. Verrry smooth and warm sounding pkps, I like!

All the pkps are -very- quiet, which is extremely important when using any type of booster or pre-amp systems.

Controls - Volume, Tone, EMG Afterburner Pre-Amp, EMG EXG tone pot, EMG SPC tone pot

Selector Switch - Stew-Mac special designed 5-way, which is neck, neck + middle, neck + bridge, middle + bridge, bridge, in that order, it eliminates the middle only position in favor of a typical Tele neck + bridge option, which works great on a Tele of course.

Description - OK, this guitar is like a highly sculpted hot rod, it is a very far cry from any Telecaster guitar you've ever seen or played.

It follows my 'clean to mean' philosophy in that it will do spectacular sounding cleans (think Wicked Game here) as well as very highly overdriven means, all thru detailed pickup selections and tone pot selections, it is an extremely versatile guitar specifically crafted for the way I play.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks! :D

Body Front Close-Up

Body Front

Full Guitar Shot

Epoxy Shot Left Side

Epoxy Shot Other Side

Rear Shot

Headstock Front

Headstock Rear

Well Ive heard that other people have entered in twice before so I hope this is OK and there aren't many entery's so...

pics aren't pro Im afraid (we have a rubbish camera)

Sapele body and neck all stained black.

Chambered body

4A quilt maple top with black/dark blue/light blue/ turquoise stain process....pics really don't do it justice

EMG 81/85 ZW combo.

extra chunky bridge

HUGE frets

zero nut incorporated Fretboard

Rustins Plastic Coating

100_0338-1.jpg

100_0331.jpg

Don't know if I'm too late, but here goes nothing...

DMG002 000-sized baritone acoustic guitar

29" scale length

10mm thicker body than standard 000

tuned B-B or A-A

Select Sitka Spruce top

Highly flamed Oregon Myrtle (Pepperwood) back and sides

Straight-grained 80-year-old Indian Rosewood neck

A-Grade Ebony fingerboard

Buffalo ivory nut and saddle

230120962_dfccb874e4_b.jpg

230122432_cbcd80d26b_b.jpg

230123838_cb45fda19d_b.jpg

And here's a little soundclip... http://www.solar.myby.co.uk/darkmatter/baritonedemo.mp3