Jon's Ebay Store!

Jon

I just picked up this months stock, I'll be listing many more "Buy it Now's" in my store within the next 8-12 hours.

http://stores.ebay.com/Jons-basses

I will be listing some thick Mahogany (2 1/2" - 3", will be listing 2 blanks this thickness) that should be suitable for acoustic neck blanks, or whatever else you'd want to do with wood that thick! The rest will be split in half for electric guitar / archtop neck blanks, about 10-20 blanks will be listed at this size. I also have some White Ash that is around 1 7/8"+ thickness that will be made in to two piece body blanks. This wood sold quick last time! The first thing I will be listing will be the Bloodwood, which will be 13" wide and 3/4" thick. Some really cool looking tops could be made out of it!

The Padauk that is already listed will be ending within the next few days. If it does not sell, I will be making them into custom bodies and listing them. The custom bodies will consist of Padauk top and bottom, Alder body core, and a Wenge center laminate between the Alder. I will cut the shape and smooth the sides out. Most likely suitable for 4 and 5 string basses and 6 and 7 string electric guitars.

I also do custom cuts and glue jobs free of charge. All wood is sanded to 120 grit.

• 2 weeks later...

My only way of thicknessing boards is using my planer and I've been getting a bit of trouble from it lately. Today I finally got it adjusted and working properly. So here's what I'll have listed within the next few days.

6-8 African Mahogany Neck blanks. 27" x 2 5/8"+ x 2 5/8". Width will vary.

I will be making completed body blanks. Ash body 15/16" - 1" thick with a center laminate of Cocobolo or Wenge. With VERY nice looking Bloodwood as the top wood. The dimensions will be close to 19 1/2 x 12 1/2" x 1 1/2".

• 1 month later...

My planer has been giving me too much trouble, and I recently ordered a drum sander. It finally arrived a day or two ago and I have been learning how to use it properly. I can now do thicknessing down to 1/8". I'll have at least 6 fingerboards and 2 pairs of body / neck laminates listed within the next day. My batteries died right after taking this picture, so I wont be able to take any better ones until tomorrow!

L - R - Guitar fingerboards, bass fingerboards, neck / body laminates.

Padauk boards

Here are the Mahogany neck blanks and Ash blanks rough cut, still needing to be final sanded.

Mahogany and Ash

• Guitar fingerboards are - 19 7/8" x 3" x 1/4"

• Bass fingerboards are - 28"+ x 3" x 1/4"

Suitable for 6 and 7 string guitars (up to 25.5" scale w/ 24 frets) and 4 and 5 strings basses (up to 35" scale w/ 24 frets).

The body and neck laminates will be the same length as the fingerboards, with about a 1 1/2" width and slightly less than 1/4" thickness.

You know, my supplier offers "White Ash" but I have had two grades come from him. A very very dense one, and a very very soft one (soft as basswood). They look identical. The kind I have right now is just like the dense northern kind.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Jons...rdashblanks.jpg

They are 20" x 8"+ x 2 1/4". The tallest is 24 1/2". They need to be resawn and require a top - as they would be about 1" thick after being split in half.

Here is one blank I turned into a body to be listed on Ebay.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Jons...rebodyblank.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Jons...bodyblank01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some Zebrawood for dbm music, I've got it cut for fingerboards and headstock veneer (only fingerboards are pictured here).

th_Zebrawood8.jpg

I also picked up some Wenge to cut for fingerboards and other various uses for luthiery. This was my first attempt at spliting a 4/4 board into 3 fingerboards, came out effing sweet! 3 straight grained boards, 3 awesome grain boards. Measurements are 28" x 3" x 1/4". Suitable for bass fingerboards, or guitar fingerboard with extra wood for the headstock or electronics cavity cover.

th_WengeFB2.jpgth_WengeFB1.jpg

The extra piece is suitable for headstock caps, veneers, electronics cavity cover, pickup covers, knobs, whatever you can think of! Measures to 8 3/4" x 6 1/8" x 1".

th_HeadstockWenge.jpgth_HeadstockWenge1.jpgth_HeadstockWenge2.jpg

It has 4 worm holes in the side, less than 1/2" into the piece. All wormholes come thru the side of the board (in picture two). Both pictures of the guitar neck are for relative comparison. Sorry about the blurry pictures! I'd prefer to sell direct instead of over Ebay, so they wont be listed until next week. PM me for more information! Thanks. I will also have 2 piece Basswood and Mahogany body blanks ready very soon.