Beech Wood For Necks

Hmmm. Might be worth a try - beech is the standard material for european wooden bodied planes. It takes a very nice shine just by burnishing with shavings, and it's very hard and close grained.

I don't know about the stability, but it seems unlikely that an unstable wood would get used so widely for plane bodies.

hell i'd even laminate Korina and Mahogany!! i sure as hell don't want any movement ! hehehe, so far what it seems i can get here are Beech, Sapele and Mahogany. I've worked extensively with mahogany and purpleheart, so i wanna build a warlock and a rhoads with a maple/ alder combo, but i don't think i can find any of those woods in spain...the guys at the woodshop i went to told me those woods are not popular here...btw they will be thru bodies neck

Edited by eddiewarlock

Burns used to make necks out of beech. Never played one, so I can't say anything about the sound.

Beech is very heavy so there is a risk that the guitar will be neck heavy. I did a 5-string clam shell type bass body out of beech and it was really heavy even with all the chanmbers.

Edited by SwedishLuthier

i was gonna shoot you an email ,Swedish Luthier, i read about that bass, and have gathered some info on beech and it seems it's best suited for bodies, I can't seem to find any dealers in Spain who would sell maple, and wanted to ask you if you could sell me some for a neck thru guitar? Thanks a lot