Project Guitar.com while large in physical size for the average new website (approching 300 pages to date) is still what I consider to be in the beginning stages by far.

I will be expanding it in the future with a F.A.Q. section to point to for general topics on setting up and also adjusting different parts of a guitar as well as a broad spectrum of tutorials yet to be made.

I am now looking for Staff volunteers. The pay is next to nothing (for now) just the prestige of seeing your name on the site as "Staff author" or some other title. I wish I could offer more but as it is I'm running this on a shoe string budget to begin with. When I can I'll pass on product samples as some companies are starting to send them to me for review.

What I am looking for are volunteers to research the net in other forums and websites that offer information on working on guitars. Some of these are untapped areas to myself and it would be nice to see and also share what is learned from say the Jackson guitar people and fan forums. My problem is I simply do not have enough time to do it all even though I do have more than most.

If you're interested in helping out post a message here with what group or make of guitar your interested in doing the research on. If a conversation develops off topic to this thread I'm sorry but I will delete those posts.

Also keep in mind, having more than one person doing the same brand or subject is a good thing because it should produce many view points. After all there are numerous ways to paint a guitar without even taking into account the color.

I try not to log in as the administrator often but this particular subject is very important to me as I believe the best part of the internet is to be able to share what is available to those people intersted in learning..

Thanks! To give you an idea of what I am doing in one forum you can see the thread I started by clicking here

The forum link above actually goes to a guitar magazines forum. I still need to gather information from many diffferent major name brand fan groups such as Fender, Jackson, Gibson and so on. Of course finding a good active forum is also the key.

Once you find out the most common problems that pop up in that particular group you can start looking for the solutions that were given. From there it is just a matter of writing up a small tutorial on how to take care of the problem. The title of the tutorial of course would be the the problem to begin with.

I can actually do one better. I have a very close relationship to my guitar tech which is certified by all the major manufacturers. If you were to give me say 2 or 3 different topics that you think will be a good basis for topics, I can work to get some decent tutorial material written up and work from there.

It would save alot of sifting through material and cut to the heart of the matter.

Give me your thoughts....

If you were to give me say 2 or 3 different topics that you think will be a good basis for topics, I can work to get some decent tutorial material written up and work from there.

It would save alot of sifting through material and cut to the heart of the matter.

Give me your thoughts....

Thats just it, for now i'm trying to figure out what keeps coming up and is asked the most by newbies on other sites. That way we can cover as many base's for people as possible.

Hopefully if we show them a data base with the answer they need they might have something interesting to share down the line that we don't know about already.

One tutorial I already know that needs to be done is adjusting intonation on a guitar. Should be a really easy one to do. A couple or three pictures and a little direction and wham done! Another would be truss rod adjustment since your going to a tech to begin with he could probably model the images for you.

Yes I know those two are old hat, then again doesnt hurt to have the basics around.

Well, Glen banned me from that other site for HELPING, EDUCATING and posting FACTS. I'm here now. I hope you folks can appreciate those things.

Bri- if you need Staff, I'm here for ya. I think my record speaks for itself; not unblemished, but certainly a record nonetheless. LOL Moderator From Hell is my name; Making sure posts go in the right topic is my game. :-)

Hey There Brian,

Wanted to say that the new site has turned out GREAT!!!

I am VERY impressed. If there's ever a time that I can offer up help to you or other members I'll , of course, be glad to. My main area of knowledge is in the electronics of most brands of guitars. However I'm picking up speed fast in setup, and custom finishing. (I have 6 nearly useless bodies sitting around to prove that trial and error isn't always the best source of learning......lol)

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for new info around the web that may be useful to those here at "Project Guitar", and try to keep everyone posted on the best ways NOT to to do most projects.........lol

RYC

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like most of my spare time is used up in developing the skills I need to make the basses I’ve been working on but I have a few online sources that are helpful in the extreme.

I have been using and fooling around with Fender basses for a while and have done a few projects for one of the local music stores. I think that it’s a good idea to approach a subject from many different angles, not all solutions will work for all builders. If I can be of any assistance I would love to help out.

Mike