cheap tools

westhemann

Offense we'll taken.. lol

Um... I'm with Derek on this.. I'd rather spend more money and get one that will last better, because you never know when you might go crazy and decide to build 4 guitars a month.. lol Can't go wrong with a Bosch, DeWalt.... they make them nowdays that has both a fixed and plunge router base attachments... which will cover all bases.. just don't expect it to be too cheap... but then again there are some good cheap tools.. just have to read alot before you shell out your hard earned cash on them though.

Matt

hey dudes

what about Makita and Hitachi? i found Ryobi a cheap brand too, but i have seen other brands that are heaps cheaper then that. Ryobi are midranged compared to brands like Arlec or Warrior or Black & Decker. [do these brands exist in the stares?] well they do in Australia.

Page

:D:D:DB)

but seriously i never did, parts just broke off as i used them, just not the same quality as a 300$ router

Craftsman power tools are garbage, their air tools are ok, but there are many brands out there that are twice as good and half the price. However, Craftsman hand tools are wonderful, half the price of snap on, same warranty, and almost as good.

Ryobi is so so,

black and decker is garbage

mastercraft is a little less than so so.

GOOD tools would be

Porter Cable

Delta

Grizzly

Makita is decent

And ironically, for the money, IMC makes a really decent tool, very sturdy and powerful, and accurate, my drill press, band saw, and jointer are IMC and I love them. They've been very very good tools compared to others.

What I've found is, once you have the tool, you find a bunch more uses for it than what you initially just bought it for, it will get used for more than one or two guitars a year. Also, I have seen the cheap routers literally come apart in use, I don't know about you guys, but I'd really rather not have a 1/2" cutter come flying out at 15,000rpm :D

:D  :D  :D  B)

but seriously i never did, parts just broke off as i used them, just not the same quality as a 300$ router

Craftsman power tools are garbage, their air tools are ok, but there are many brands out there that are twice as good and half the price. However, Craftsman hand tools are wonderful, half the price of snap on, same warranty, and almost as good.

Ryobi is so so,

black and decker is garbage

mastercraft is a little less than so so.

GOOD tools would be

Porter Cable

Delta

Grizzly

Makita is decent

And ironically, for the money, IMC makes a really decent tool, very sturdy and powerful, and accurate, my drill press, band saw, and jointer are IMC and I love them. They've been very very good tools compared to others.

What I've found is, once you have the tool, you find a bunch more uses for it than what you initially just bought it for, it will get used for more than one or two guitars a year. Also, I have seen the cheap routers literally come apart in use, I don't know about you guys, but I'd really rather not have a 1/2" cutter come flying out at 15,000rpm :D

so, black and decker vs. mastercraft...who wins?