Workshop Air Cleaner

De Trepagny

I have some powertools (bandsaw, router, tablesaw, planer...) but nothing to collect dust. I'm asking if this kind of air filter can do a good job for a small shop

web4303.jpg

Does anybody had work with this system?

Thank

Philippe

Edited by De Trepagny

That type of air cleaner is meant to suppliment a system that collects the dust from the tools, themselves. It collects the finer particals that get through the filters of the vacuums meant to pick up sawdust and woodchips. If used in this manner, than it's a great idea. You should probably still wear a dust mask, but it never hurts to make your shop that much safer.

peace,

russ

That type of air cleaner is meant to suppliment a system that collects the dust from the tools, themselves. It collects the finer particals that get through the filters of the vacuums meant to pick up sawdust and woodchips. If used in this manner, than it's a great idea. You should probably still wear a dust mask, but it never hurts to make your shop that much safer.

+1

If that fine dust is in the air, you're already breathing it. Collect as much as you can from the source, and do it as efficiently as possible. Cyclonic collector, large main trunks.

+1

If that fine dust is in the air, you're already breathing it. Collect as much as you can from the source, and do it as efficiently as possible. Cyclonic collector, large main trunks.

I just bought a craftman 4.0hp vac and that thing is incredible! No more dust in my workshop and no more dust in my music studio (next to my shop) I'll have to bought different conection to adapt all my tools and I'll be ready to make some noise! :D

Philippe

peace,

russ

+2

I just bought a craftman 4.0hp vac and that thing is incredible! No more dust in my workshop and no more dust in my music studio

I've gone this route already; you'll have to replace that filter cylinder pretty often to keep the airflow up. I eventually got fed up and got myself a proper Delta 1200 cfm unit.

I just bought a craftman 4.0hp vac and that thing is incredible! No more dust in my workshop and no more dust in my music studio

I've gone this route already; you'll have to replace that filter cylinder pretty often to keep the airflow up. I eventually got fed up and got myself a proper Delta 1200 cfm unit.

+1 on the proper dust collector.

MK