October Contest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank's alex

my first guitar...i completed it a few months ago and have been playing it alot...it is my favorite guitar and has the best sound.since i have been playing it so much my sweat has discolored it on the front,that's what you get with tung oil i guess

but for those of you who don't know...it started out as a carvin neck thru blank with a paddle headstock.the body is walnut and alder.the pickups are emg 81/85 combo...one volume no tone,tone pros tune o matic bridge,sperzel locking tuners,bubinga control cavity plate,bubinga strip between the pickups.

plays great.

oh,and the tune o matic is recessed

and dunlop strap locks

By the way,

The little dark wood just in the middle between the pickup's is that where the wire's run?

I've made me a special tool to make such a channel.

I've bended an old screwdriver wich was made from normal steel (in other words: a cheap, very cheap, screwdriver) in an angle of 90 degrees. Grinded a kind of drill head on it and made the hole. It took one hour and a half but I think it was worth it.

You just push the head in, turn a little and pull it back out.

That way you can make a small hole.

Edited by gw_guitars

thank's alex

my first guitar...i completed it a few months ago and have been playing it alot...it is my favorite guitar and has the best sound.since i have been playing it so much my sweat has discolored it on the front,that's what you get with tung oil i guess

but for those of you who don't know...it started out as a carvin neck thru blank with a paddle headstock.the body is walnut and alder.the pickups are emg 81/85 combo...one volume no tone,tone pros tune o matic bridge,sperzel locking tuners,bubinga control cavity plate,bubinga strip between the pickups.

plays great.

oh,and the tune o matic is recessed

and dunlop strap locks

would you recommend using the neck through option for my first project? I keep thinking about trying to build one but keep backing out because I don't want to get completely overwhelmed. Also, if I were to use that neck, would a strat style hardtail bridge work or do you need the tune-o-matic to elevate the strings?

Thanks for any advice and great work on a beautiful guitar. :D

Guest AlexVDL
Is it OFR, or Lo-TRS on it?

say whaaat????? what is OFR? or LO-TRS?

Those are jap yum terms as you like to call it.. Original Floyd Rose and Lo TRS tremolo (jap yum floyd)

:D

would you recommend using the neck through option for my first project? I keep thinking about trying to build one but keep backing out because I don't want to get completely overwhelmed. Also, if I were to use that neck, would a strat style hardtail bridge work or do you need the tune-o-matic to elevate the strings?

Thanks for any advice and great work on a beautiful guitar. B)

Sorry if I'm saying a couple of things without being asked.

He sayd the tuneomatic is recessed, so I guess a normal strat bridge would be all right.

I made a neckthrough as my first project (it's *almost* finished, need some more fretwork to do) and I made the neck myself (duh!). The main thing to remember is to make connection holes BEFORE gluing the wings to the body. I forgot that and it was a pain in that-smelly-place-where-the-sun-never-shines to do them later...

Mmmm I wanted to post pictures of her but when I saw that beautiful tele I became 100% sure that mine sucks :D.

Maybe I'll post pictures of my next project (as it looks now it's a beautiful maple board, with a beautiful mahogany board and a nice pre-slotted ebony fretboard), but still it can't be as good as the beautiful "strat" I saw in the previous pages.

Well, I'll start looking for some way of taking pictures of her and I'm going to say that "That beautiful rough finish" was the way I thought the guitar...

No, except for the finish, she is really good... beautiful sound...

Yeah, it's my first attempt at guitarmaking, I'll put the pics on some day...

Ah by the way... it has "nice" homemade mounting rings and truss rod cover... hahaha... I promise that the second one will be better :D

that's a carvin neck isn't it jehle?i love those necks....i have one just like it waiting for a project

Yep. It's the Carvin neck that ryeisnotcool sold to me a while back. I sanded it down and added the veneer to match the body.

I've been thinking about (when I get my courage up) to do an inlay on the headstock. I may use the "Jehle" logo like I have before, or I may put a jellyfish on there. Don't know yet.

I have a trip to New Zealand coming up and I should be able to pick up Abalone off the streets from what I've heard. It's everywhere.

I've been thinking about (when I get my courage up) to do an inlay on the headstock. I may use the "Jehle" logo like I have before, or I may put a jellyfish on there. Don't know yet.

As an interesting note, there is another Bill Jehle (billjehle.com) who is an artist over in California. I told him about the Jellycaster's and the jellyfish inlay idea. So, he's going to draw up the pattern for the inlay.

I'll post pictures of that when it's in the works. :D