Pine For Body

Yeah, I really want to know more about a guy who dumpster dives for his guitar wood. :DB)

Anyway, here is a link to a nice Pine Guitar.

Fender Custom Shop Pine Telecaster

Did you see the price on that guitar? $6000 !!@#!

Its a Telecaster! Nothing really special about aside from the pine body. Who's paying these pirces? :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I really want to know more about a guy who dumpster dives for his guitar wood. B):D

Anyway, here is a link to a nice Pine Guitar.

Fender Custom Shop Pine Telecaster

Did you see the price on that guitar? $6000 !!@#!

Its a Telecaster! Nothing really special about aside from the pine body. Who's paying these pirces? :D

There is a point where it is not about the price of hardware, labor, materials. Look at the special addition Breedloves that go for $20,40,50,000. At that point it is almost a company making a statement that our guitars are worth more than others. You could not justify those kind of prices other than in the name. The same could be said of Martin, Gibson,Fender, and so forth. You could say the max. value of materials in that Tele then add extra time for the builder(lets be real generous and say $4000). Pay a couple extra thousand for the name on the headstock and "special" status. There you go. The big plus for Fender they can say their guitars are "worth" more.

Think about it this way... If Myka offered a special addition acoustic. With Braz. RW back and sides, and special Sitka top w/bearclaw figure for say $25,000. Does that generically imply he can make a guitar that is worth $25,000. I think it does elevate the value in most peoples minds, and at 1/5th the price $5000 almost becomes a bargain for another model. "Voodoo" maybe, but most likely "marketing" and percieved value.

Good lord.. If you paid $6000 for a Telecaster you would really want to believe it sounds better than the $1000 dollar model. That may just color your perception a bit :D . Now if you asked the person that wants to buy that guitar(90%+ chance that person is not an extreamly skilled professional) to set down in a room and play 10 different guitars(well set up) blindfolded, and to pick that one out. You may lose a few sales(especially if you stuck a couple light weight basswood bods in the lineup) B)

Peace,Rich

You can laugh, but she blames you and "That bloody book" :D

Yes, Melvyn, don't you ever get nervous sometimes? All those angry wives and girlfriends out to get you :D

Not the first time I have heard this theory. I have not had any problems and if I did I am sure my natural charm and devastating good looks would cause the wives/girlfriends to melt into my hands. This could then cause problems with the husbands/boyfriends who would be home making guitars.

But how do you know this isn't happening? . . .

The only female that has been a problem is that lovely Kiera Knightly. I have had to have a court order issued to stop her stalking me. I have told her "Kiera, you are a lovely girl but I will not have a wild passionate affair with you so stop stalking me".

You can laugh, but she blames you and "That bloody book" :D

Yes, Melvyn, don't you ever get nervous sometimes? All those angry wives and girlfriends out to get you :D

Not the first time I have heard this theory. I have not had any problems and if I did I am sure my natural charm and devastating good looks would cause the wives/girlfriends to melt into my hands. This could then cause problems with the husbands/boyfriends who would be home making guitars.

But how do you know this isn't happening? . . .

The only female that has been a problem is that lovely Kiera Knightly. I have had to have a court order issued to stop her stalking me. I have told her "Kiera, you are a lovely girl but I will not have a wild passionate affair with you so stop stalking me".

i feel so close to you right now.i had no idea that there was another man out there going through the same debilitating issues that i must deal with every day.

oh these cursed cursed good looks and brilliant mind!i feel you brother.don't worry,you are not alone.

maybe there are others...maybe we could form a gathering...like MENSA but for good looks and charm rather than just pure intellect...

if only there was some kind of reverse plastic surgery we could have so that we could live normal lives...maybe we could talk to michael jackson's guy...he seems to know his stuff

Well i happen to think pine is an excellent choice for a body wood (Sugar Pine specifically) since I happen to be using it for the guitar I am building right now. The figure of the wood is beautiful, and despite its trait to be easily damaged, hardware and such does not warp or move it around. Also, I am using old growth Sugar Pine which has been sitting around in storage for about 15 years so it is quite dry and required no planing at all.

• 2 months later...
This Is A PINE and ceder guitar built by A guy on the shredder!!

new1095.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...tar/new1087.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...tar/new1066.jpg

this is what he had to say about it

Specs:

Mahogany Neck, Ebonised Fretboard, 21 frets, 20"Short scale, MOP diamond inlays

Body... PINE with RED CEDAR top, in Trans Black

BCR BDSM pup re-wired to 4 wire, 1 volume, Series/parallel switch, Custom Pre-amp w/ Treble, Mid and Bass.

How does it sound?

Surprisingly GOOD, even with the BDSM (if it can make a BDSM sound good, it must be good right?)

Clean is VERY good, you almost can get a real dreadnaught sound out of it, it's ritch and bassy.

Dirty it produces a very strat neck pup sound, bright, but not too bright.

I learned a few things from this guitar:

a) Stick with a brand of paint you trust

:D Red Cedar is the softest s#%^&@est wood i'm never touching it again

c) Pine is AWESOME, i'm going to use it again

d) The stealth is my favourite guitar shape of all time, I'm going to build me another

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey, maybe this thread is already dead but I gotta ask anyway: where's the original thread with this Stealth hosted at?

Tried using Google and quotes from the guy's post - it didn't find a single match.

About pine: I remember that there was a thread on ProjectGuitar where a guy built a guitar entirely made of Pine - body, neck, fingerboard... everything. I think the guy was building an Explorer shaped guitar.

I did a lot of forum searches using +pine+explorer+neck keywords and different combinations between them but I couldnt find that particular thread witht the all-pine guitar. Or maybe it was posted somewhere else and not on ProjectGuitar... Google did not help me either.

Anyone remember about that thread? Got a direct link to it?

Edited by DrummerDude

Nice guitar, GuitarGuy. Very bold and innovative idea to use Pine for the neck. Looks great too.

What about the guy from Metal Matt's post? The one who built that pine BC Rich Stealth copy. Anyone got his contact info? Anyone seen the original post somewhere?

Or maybe it's a good idea to PM Metal Matt (I don't like it to bother people in private, though).

Thanks guys.

Nice guitar, GuitarGuy. Very bold and innovative idea to use Pine for the neck. Looks great too.

What about the guy from Metal Matt's post? The one who built that pine BC Rich Stealth copy. Anyone got his contact info? Anyone seen the original post somewhere?

Or maybe it's a good idea to PM Metal Matt (I don't like it to bother people in private, though).

Thanks guys.

I don't think anyone on the board will have a problem with PMs, and if they do, the worst they'll do is ignore it!

I remember that pine explorer, was for the 2x4 build-off right?