Guitar Of The Month For March

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 22nd of February then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Please Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

You may think I have gone away...

Still lurking everyonce in a while, stop me if I entered this one before??? Its been sitting around for a while till I found the matching strap and completed it.

Black and Natural Gold Tele

Flame Birdseye maple with a birdseye maple neck, rosewood board, honduran mahogany back.

Stained yellow with a touch of red on the sides to bring out a little more color.

Slash pickups, wired with a single vol and a varitone. very lp ish with a tele scale... Finished in Nitro

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

Edited by bigdguitars

Alright, here's my second GOTM entry. It's the same shape as last time (the MuX semi-hollow) but 1/2" smaller at every point (so 1" less wide bouts) and it's solid. It's modeled after the late 60s/early 70s Ford Mustang fastbacks. It's my father's birthday today, and he's a Mustang FIEND so I'm heading up to NYC to give it to him tomorrow.

Specs:

Two piece alder body

Sapele neck with all-access contoured heel and 25" scale ebony fretboard sporting medium/high stewmac frets.

Hipshot baby grand, Wilkinson EZ-Lok tuners, graphtech nut hardware.

Pickups are some company's overstock "over-wound PAF style" humbuckers that GFS bought up and was almost GIVING away.

MOP Mustang inlay with head on the 12th fret and half-circle side dots.

1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way switching.

Nitro finish

A couple things to clear things up:

The area inside the white striping is actually recessed just like the side panels on the old mustangs. It goes down a little over 1/8".

The angled area at the back of the recess and the back of the bridge are actually perfectly parallel, they just don't look like it in the photo because the photo it taken at an angle, and the bridge is raised up.

Picture doesn't show it well, but the upper right-hand-side of the headstock has another recess a la headlights. I'm tempted to put some sort of reflective material there to emphasize that more, but time shall tell.

I didn't but strap-locks or expensive pickups in this guitar for a very simple reason... my father doesn't play guitar, so it will hang on a wall in his office most likely as art... and yes, I know, we're not for that, but he's supported my hobbies, lutherie included with amazing zeel and he deserves one of these more than anyone I can think of! That said, the pickups really aren't that bad, and well worth their measly $30 a pair pricetag!

Without further suspense, I present the MuX MuStang guitar:

Front.jpg

mustangfastback.jpg

neck.jpg

mustanginlay.jpg

downneck.jpg

Enjoy!

Chris

Edited by verhoevenc

This is my second guitar to complete. It is modeled after a Gibson LP Supreme but with some modifications. It is for my oldest son. I received the assistance and encouragement of many people on this forum to complete this guitar. Thanks for that, and thanks for looking.

Specs:

Mahogany body (unchambered) and neck

Curly maple top and back

Ebony fretboard and headplate

Gold MOP split block inlay on the fretboard and custom gold MOP inlay on the headstock

7 layer ivoroid / black binding on the top

5 layer ivoroid / black binding on the back

3 layer ivoroid / black mitered binding on the head

Single-ply ivoroid binding in the fretboard

Black MOP side dot markers

Scale is 24 5/8"

TonePros TOM bridge and tailpiece in gold

Grover Deluxe Keystone tuners (gold) with vintage buttons

Gold tone fret wire

Bone nut

Seymour Duncan Custom pickup with gold cover in the bridge

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickup with gold cover in the neck

Single volume and tone (amber speed knobs) with 3 way switch

Maple dyed with Colortone amber / yellow mix dye and covered with a toner coat of the same blend

Gibson vintage style sunburst front and back in medium brown

Nitrocellulose finish

th_final2.jpg

th_final4.jpg

th_polish6.jpg

th_final9.jpg

th_final10.jpg

th_final11.jpg

This is my first guitar my dad and i built together. I modeled it after an ESP i liked but could never afford. The body is made out of Canary wood and the neck is Maple and Canary. EMG pickups with a 5 way switch. I used a locking nut so i dont have to bother tuning it every time. surprisingly it works well without having fine tune adjustments that would be with the floyd rose tremello. Hope you like it.

img1369dk7.jpg

img1372cf4.jpg

img1375rh3.jpg

img1379dg0.jpg

This is a guitar I like to call the Americaster. It is a combo of a Les Paul style combined with a Tele/Stratocaster. The body is swamp ash. The neck is Maple and rosewood finished in the shape of a bird/flag look. The Tele bridge pickup is a Fender Texas overwound custom and the humbuckers are Seymour Duncan Full Shread with a Black Ice overdrive circuit wired in. This is my ergonomically designed couch guitar. The cut out provides a more convenient lap position.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/EM4rs/AM1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/EM4...mericaster2.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/EM4...mericaster1.jpg

Edited by shadowcaster

This is the "Classic Koa".

Here is my project. I have a great deal of woodworking experience for only being 23. However this is my first guitar build. My boss made a few and got me into it, before I knew it i was spending thousands of dollars or top quality parts and tools... Im not sure this is a good hobby or not. LOL If I manage to sell a few guitars I guess it will be all worth the investment.

Here are picture of my lil baby. She is a Hallow bodied Telecaster style with an F-hole guitar. The Top and bottom of the body are Curly Koa which my mom unknowingly smuggled back to the mainland from Hawaii about 5 years ago. LOL Thats a funny story in it's own. Back on subject. The middle section of the body is Hondurian Mahogany, along with the neck which is made figured Mahogany. Ebony fret board with puha shell inlays on the headstock, fretboard, top of the body and back of the guitar. Gold accents, Tuners, Schaller roller bridge, Speed Knobs, Jack Plate, Front and back ferrules, and 3 way switch. Seymour Duncan Pickups, JB and Jazz.

http://www.abobofighter.com/guitars/full.jpg

http://www.abobofighter.com/guitars/head.jpg

http://www.abobofighter.com/guitars/body.jpg