Guitar Of The Month For April

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 22nd of March then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Please Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

I was really happy with the sound of this one. The final weight was 4.97lbs. Just shipped it out today. B)

:D

SF3 Body Style

Flame Myrtle Top Over Redwood Tuning Folk Hollow Body

Top & Back Roundover w/Comfort & Belly Carves

Gloss Polyester w/Black Back & Edges

25.5" Scale Length

5-Piece Birdseye Maple Neck w/Bloodwood Veneer Laminations

Bloodwood Fingerboard w/Bloodwood Binding/Headcap & Walnut Purfling

2mm Pearl Side and Face Dots

24 Jumbo Nickel Frets

Thin "C" Neck Profile

2 Way Adjustable Truss Rod

1 11/16" Throat Width

Individual Nut Elements w/Zero Fret

Black Hardware Finish

Seymour Duncan Invader SH8 & Duncan Custom SH5 Pickups

Elixer 10s

Sperzel Locking Tuners

Schaller Locking Strap Buttons

Hipshot Baby Grand Bridge

Volume/3-Way/Tone - 2 Series/Single/Parallel Miniswitches

20frontFulll.gif 19backFulll.gif 18headstockFrontl.gif 17headstockBackl.gif

More finished and construction photos here: www.scottfrench.com

:D

How's this for brave.....going up against Scott for GOTM :D

This is "Sassy", my first classical guitar build.

P2200768c.jpg

Blackheart Sassafrass body with Jarrah and Huon pine binding, tail graft, and heel cap

Alpine spruce soundboard, with modified fan bracing

Queensland maple neck

Rosewood fretboard and bridge

bone saddle

Tusq nut

Rubner machine heads with ebony buttons

Tru-oil/wax finish

While there isn't a lot of scope with the visual design of classical guitars, I'm really pleased with the areas that have greater individuality. Mostly the figure that mother nature provided with the body wood, but also the headstock crest, the bridge and the shaping at end of the fretboard.

(click on the thumbnails for full size pics)

th_P2200769.jpgth_P2200802b.jpgth_P2200791.jpgth_P2200784.jpgth_P2200780.jpgth_P2200772.jpg

edit 20 march. Here's a rough recording of Sassy. apologies for the background hum. She has a bold warm tone (guitar or wine??) with great dynamic response. My playing may not be up to the task of really showing her off, but I've tried to show her versatility in different styles of music. Sassy audio demo

Edited by brian d

Well here is my second entry for GOTM I hope you guys like it. This guitar was a blast to build. The whole thing was born out of a piece of padauk that I had. It called to me / Not. But I split it and book-matched it and the rest of it just fell into place. This guitar has been to both east and west cost for shows. First it went to the NAMM show in California and was in the AXE TRAK booth. Then it went to the DOA(Dean Owners of America) show / party in Tampa Florida where the owner of dean guitars got his hands on it, and he was very impressed with the guitar. A good friend of mine has a store in Perry Iowa where Michael Angelo Batio is going to do a clinic on May 11th, and I am going to see if I can get him to play the guitar.

Anyway here are the specs:

5 piece curly maple and padauk neck-thru

matching padauk cap on headstock

ebony fingerboard bound with

curly maple, ebony, and padauk

13 degree headstock angle

25 1/2" scale fingerboard

12" radius neck

Abalone block inlay with RSG logo inlay at 12th fret

Abalone side dot markers

Jumbo frets

Bone nut

Sperzel standard tuners/ Satin Chrome

Dual action truss rod

Carbon fiber reinforcing rods

Mahogany body sides

Padauk cap with curly mpl. stripe

JB Seymour Duncan in the bridge/with chrome PU ring

STK-S2 Seymour Duncan in the neck

Gotoh Tune-o-matic Bridge/ Chrome

String through body design/ Chrome

Shielded electronics cavity

1 Volume, 1 Tone, and Chrome Metal 'dome' knob

Three way selector switch/ Chrome

9-46 strings

ss_padauk_full.jpg

padauk_nut.jpg

padauk_head_back.jpg

RSGhead.jpg

Photo-5

Photo-6

Photo-7

Photo-8

More Photos

Here is the build thread

Thanks for taking a look!

and good luck to all entries

Mike :D

Edited by rsguitar

Hi there, here is one of my creations, it´s called "Ad" Bass. The body is made of one piece of dark OAK, the neck is made of Cristobal and the fingerboard is made of Almendro, all Costa Rican exotic woods (at least the last two).

It has 2 soapbars with active/passive electronics, wich gives a deep brilliant sound.

It is 34", 24 frets, 2 volumes 1 tone

I designed this bass 1 year ago, trying to do something completlety different from what we are used to see.

Hope you like it.

Tnx

Jorge Villavicencio, VC-Basses (http://www.vc-basses.com)

jvillavicencio@vc-basses.com

PIC01682.JPG

PIC01690.JPG

PIC01700.JPG

PIC01696.JPG

Edited by jvillavicencio

This is my first build and I see that the compitition is pretty stiff! I have named her Flamecaster.

Okay, here's the list of parts:

Fender Output Jack

Fender 5-Way Switch

Gibson 300kOhm Pot. Linear Taper Long Shaft (Tone)

Gibson 500kOhm Pot. Audio Taper Long Shaft (Volume)

Seymour Duncan SH-1 ‘59(Neck)

Seymour Duncan SL59-1N Little ’59 (Middle)

Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader (Bridge)

Q Parts Shell Dome Knob Black w/ Natural Abalone

Gotoh Locking Tuning Keys (Black)

Dunlop Dual Design Straplok System

Black neck plate and screws

Black Strat Jack Plate

Hipshot Baby Grand guitar bridge in black finish

Mighty Mite Fender Strat. Neck (MM2925)

Black Pick guard Material .090

3/16” Metal Black Humbucker Mounting Rings

Black Metal Mounting Ring For Single-coil Pickup

Black String Retainers

Mahogany for soundwood

Quilted Figured Maple Top

ColorTone Concentrated Vintage amber Liquid Stain

ColorTone Water base Grain Filler

ColorTone Aerosol Guitar Lacquer

ColorTone Clear sanding sealer

Preval Spray Unit

Pipettes

Mixing cups

Shielding Paint and Tape

Assorted sanding paper from 80 grit to 2000 grit

Buffing pads

Med. polishing compound

Fine polishing compound

Swirl Remover

Flame.jpg

Looongneck.jpg

Shadows01.jpg

Back02.jpg

Here's a link to the entire build from raw materials to finished guitar with a lot of pictures all along the way:

http://www.fender-talk.com/message-board-f...pic.php?t=11145

hi y'all!

My name is Argyris Krommydas from Greece ,Europe and I am new to this forum and site! I just finished making my fourth guitar so i thought why not post it here to the forum!

It is inspired by the PRS guitars but it is actually a neck through guitar. For the middle section I used a dried piece of mahogany that has been sitting around for about 25 years! (resonant) and for the wings I used two pieces of gambon type mahogany (lighter coloured but still mahoganoid). The hardware is mostly from PRS: eg the fixed bridge (i used vintage steel Tonepros studs for better coupling) the pickups are two prs dragon II pickups treble and bass (coil splittable via a push/pull tone pot) . I wanted to make a gold top guitar with chrome pickups, the binding is natural. I made the finish matte and on the headstock 'Goldie' is inscripted in silver that s the nickname of the guitar.

The tuners are sperzel locking tuners and the guitar sounds Greeeeeaaaat awesome sustain and versatility of tones. Oh ! i almost forgot,the fingerboard has inlaid roses made by antoniotsai of taiwan.

So, enjoy! I resized the pics for easier view.

with kind regards

argyris ,greece

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by Project Guitar
Posted pictures

aa1.jpg..

doneharp2.jpg..

doneharp1.jpg..

Thanks for all the great input on my snakewood allspruce (guitar of the month) I did'nt win...but it was so nice to get votes ...that Ill try it again.

This on is a allspruce harp...with ropebinding...That I copyed the old dryer harp (show in photo 1)...I sure love the harp,and she sound great too.

hope you guys like her.....

ron steiger...