pawn shop

YDoesGodMockMeSo

hi

that's funny. everytime i look for tools at a pawn shop, they cost the same price as they are brand new. by all means, go to them, as you can sometimes get **** really cheap, or if you are stupid, really expensive. i went to one up the road, they had a ryobi router for AU$ 150, then i went to bunnings and the exact same model was there for the same price, brand spanking new. i have never went to a good pawn shop, they are all ****ing rip off pricks. so the next time you go to a pawn shop, make sure you know exactly what you are looking for: prices, models, makes of preferably the newest model of tools. now the guy behind the counter doesn't know **** about **** [i got a brand new Boss TU12 tuner for AU$ 35.] keep the RRP of items you want to get in mind, because you never know when the next time you do go to a pawn shop, and the stupid **** behind the counter puts are ridiculously low price on what you want, then you rip him off.

Page.

I never pay attention to the price on things in a pawn shop. Remember there's a 100% markup on the price tag. usually they only paid half, sometimes less than half of the price they are trying to sell at. To me, shopping at a pawn Shop is like buying a car. Never pay sticker price!!! There's always room to haggle. If they wont budge, go elsewhere their loss not yours

I never pay attention to the price on things in a pawn shop. Remember there's a 100% markup on the price tag. usually they only paid half, sometimes less than half of the price they are trying to sell at. To me, shopping at a pawn Shop is like buying a car. Never pay sticker price!!! There's always room to haggle. If they wont budge, go elsewhere their loss not yours

yup, I've met some really guitar-stupid pawnshop owners. I met one who was selling a gibson angus young SG for $600 canadian. I bought it for $500! I was so happy! But then I sold it cause I wanted better skis... :D I'm kinda regretting that now...

most of them look up a price of an object in a catalog for brand new items,then they knock off 10%....problem is most of them don't have internet and so don't realize or don't care that you can buy it cheaper new.

i always take down serial numbers and research at home before i ever buy.

i was at a pawn shop once where they wanted $500 for a robin machete that someone had nearly completely destroyed.the guy actually drilled a new output jack hole in the top of the guitar!

i offered the salesman $150 which i felt was more than he would ever get from anyone else because i was going to trash the body and use the birdseye maple neck and the emg 81 and the kahler trem.he refused so i walked out.

the sad part is he really believed that guitar was worth $500 just because it was a robin

hey

my previous post states that most pawn shops know nothing about nothing, as they try and sell things for much less or much more then what they are worth - simply because they do not really know the true value of half the **** they TRY and sell. read the example:

well i have to tell you, i was pretty ****ing lucky this time. i got a box of 10 pack Ernie Ball 10-52 gauge strings for AU$ 30. all brand spanking new. now i won't have to buy strings for a year :D not only that, i ripped this guy off at school and sold him 2 packs for AU$ 40. now i have my money back and 8 packs of strings. :D

i will admit i still check out pawn stores for some things. mainly guitar realated items. but i would [and recommend people] never buy any power tools at a pawn shop unless i knew exactly what i was looking for and i knew it was in good condish, worked and was a Deal. sadly to admit, it is the naive people that just start out wood working that look for 'cheap and decent' power tools at pawn shops and end up being finacially violated. <--- as i nearly experienced. luckily enough, my father was with me that day i decided to go to the pawn shop and he talked me out buying that ryobi router. one other thing i find quite :D interesting though is the abundancy of manual tools for cheap prices at flea markets. i have seen everything from chisels, saws, hammers, presses, clamps, shavers, planers etc. for a 6th of what they cost brand new. good quality too: e.g. Stanley. however, more interesting things have happened. :D

Page. B)

i baught a samurai sord at a flea market once when i was in florida for 100$.... about a foot and a half long, with a solid marble blade cover and black wooden stand... but my coach made me take it back cause he didn't want to be responsible if i got caught "smuggling" it across the border cause it was an athletic trainning camp, :D

I think he probably did you a favour...

Solid marble blade cover? Like sheath? I reeeeally doubt it - Marble would weigh far too much! I'd be prepared to bet the blade was pure pot metal, and the sheath finest quality marbled resin. I'm also guessing it had the 'traditional' sandblasted ripples on the cutting edge to imitate the tempering on real swords... :D

i baught a samurai sord at a flea market once when i was in florida for 100$.... about a foot and a half long, with a solid marble blade cover and black wooden stand... but my coach made me take it back cause he didn't want to be responsible if i got caught "smuggling" it across the border cause it was an athletic trainning camp, :D

hey derek, where in florida were you? Was it by any chance the Ft. Lauterdale area? Cause they have this huge flea market there "the swap shop" that sells all those kinds of things. We have a condo there so were down there alot.

hey derek

the blade must have been an ornament. my grandfather has these chinese blades with jade handles with dragons carved on them. he is indonesian - he got them in indonesia too. but he has had them for decades. but there is an example of stones being used in weapons.

Page.