I Can Help You With Your Kahler Questions.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the Synapse headstock assembly for $100. It accepts regular strings as well. Or, you might luck into a special attachment piece they used to make for the old-style headpieces that allowed for regular strings. OR, you could even get an ABM headpiece instead. The problem is more at the bridge.

I've definitely thought of cannibalizing a bridge (as per Robert Irazzary). If the "Spirit by Steinberger" R-trem bridges are high quality, I might still go that way... I dunno.

I really like the spec and description of the Kahler bridges. I think it's the only bridge on the market that's exactly what I want in a heavy-duty trem; however, not compatible (directly) with headless. I'll probably just get a Kahler for a different guitar at some point in time in my life. :D

Greg

ebay greg.those bc rich nj series from a few years ago are all equipped with them and are selling cheap.

i bought a warlock for $300 a few years ago brand new and i have a black speedloader just waiting for me to put on something better.i am sure if you try you can find a used nj for less than $200

I've never used a Kahler, but am considering it. Is this "cardinal rule" included with the instructions for the trem? You've gotta know that 9/10 guys who buy the trem will slap it on the instrument and string up without ever reading any of the scraps of paper that come with it, unless they have a problem. Yes the smart consumer should read the manual before proceeding, but at the same time, a bomb-proof design will have been engineered with this in mind.

AAACK! HERESY!!

Question: are Kahlers available for Lefty gutiars?

Thanks Mattia, you beat me to it. :D

Important info for those of us who are the lepers of the guitar playing community.

cheers, Stu (still a lefty and regretting it)

Mr Wammi i am contemplating making a flat top electric, proberbly bolt on neck with only about a 2degree neck angle. I would prefer not to do the full strat type route and stick with a LP type of mount (less neck angle though ) Which type of kahler should I be looking at. kev

Mr Wammi i am contemplating making a flat top electric, proberbly bolt on neck with only about a 2degree neck angle. I would prefer not to do the full strat type route and stick with a LP type of mount (less neck angle though ) Which type of kahler should I be looking at. kev

2 degrees? you want the 7300.

I've never used a Kahler, but the answer is obvious: flatmount, not the LP retrofit one. And your bridge dictates your neck angle, not the other way around.

correct. its best if you build you guitar around the Kahler. It's the cornerstone of your guitar.

If anyone needs some Kahler questions answered I'll be glad to help you. Its my job.

If you want to hear a Kahler live, or need some 1 on 1 help, I will be happy to call you on the phone or better yet...If your able, I can Skype or MSN messenger you with my PC video camera and give you a E-jam. Privately email me at wammi@wammiusa.com

I will arrange with you a private showing of the range and sound.

If any of you out there are familiar with streaming live or videos that can be displayed on the web, please email me. I am unfamiliar in this territory but I am anxious to post lessons and demos of the sound, ranges and techniques ect. I need some expert video posting guidence here.

Wammi J

www.wammiusa.com (951) 541-2387

www.kahlerparts.com (760) 494-5969

:D

http://www.wammiusa.com/Installation_guide.html

http://www.wammiusa.com/images/new.gif

Edited by Wammi

For $20 I take the cam off and to my local machine shop and have it drill and tapped! For $10 I'll buy the tap and do it my self! the bar is a breeze to make! you can even have yours modded and have it re-chromed for about $5.

Please stop to consider for a minute ALL that goes into an arm "hole"

What about the the arm clutch shaft and the arm clutch cross channel which are different diameter sizes. You have 3 taps to buy, not 1. The arm clutch cross channel needs to be tapped through between the arm shaft and the arm clutch shaft via the bearing cavity. You'll need arm clutch nylon material too which is not sold separately. You'll have to press it in the shaft and re-tap the excess out of the arm hole. Plating may also chip when you tap plated material. A lot to consider when 50 bucks gets you there with a bonus....

The additional $50 gets you an upgraded cam in your choice of steel, brass or aluminum as an tone option. All that, plus the ability to use a Palm or Johnnie bar.

By the way... You can bend an arm with a hammer and vise. No need to make one. FYI: The standard #10 stock used by the industry is NOT the stock used for Kahler arms. Thats why fender arms are sloppy in the hole. Our stock is special made....you cant buy it off the shelf.

Edited by Wammi

I haven't taken mine apart, because I believe in if it works don't mess with it. But I taked by looking at the exploded view on your site

http://www.kahlerparts.com/X_pages/X_2300.htm

If I ever make a lefty I would have the customer buy the adecuate bridge. If I'm adapting one, I would tap it. I don't use the arm clutch at all. But for someone that will use it it would be good to order it. I know there is a lot of R&D done to get this things to work propertly and you pay for what you get... in my case I don't mind, but like I say for a customer, it is a different story!

Now on the arm, I wouldn't make a new one, or bang the heck out of yours, I would heat it and bend it carefully to make sure that the steel don't get distorted or messed up, and then re-chrome or powder coat black...Yes Fender arms suck... but I do like the feel of the old type one Floyd Rose trem arm!

Hey Wammi

I'm looking to install an original 2300 on a strat,but I'd rather like to recess it into

the body. Does Kahler have routing templates to do this? I have a template to rout

for the cam assembly,but I'm having a hard time finding a template for the body

of the bridge shape itself.

If not, do you know anyone who can make a template, or where I could find one?

I can do the layout and can do the routing myself,I'd rather not pay extra

and send the body out and have it done by someone else...

If Kahler would design one of these, I'll be the first in line to buy one!!!!

Edited by Skyflash6

Hey Wammi

I'm looking to install an original 2300 on a strat,but I'd rather like to recess it into

the body. Does Kahler have routing templates to do this? I have a template to rout

for the cam assembly,but I'm having a hard time finding a template for the body

of the bridge shape itself.

If not, do you know anyone who can make a template, or where I could find one?

I can do the layout and can do the routing myself,I'd rather not pay extra

and send the body out and have it done by someone else...

If Kahler would design one of these, I'll be the first in line to buy one!!!!

No we do not have full recess routing templates. I must stress though, that recessing a strat is not Standard Operating Procedures. I feel you wont have the saddle height to achieve your action if you recess too low. You will need about .600 from saddle top to body. Also if you plan to use the lock feature, a trough will need to be made for allen wrench access to it. I will be interested in the outcome of your experiment. If you want you can simply remove the cam from the frame (it will sit flat then) and use the frame for your outline.

Wammi,I have a strat style guitar with a 2320.I love the guitar and the bridge.......I guess the rolles are brass and I wanted to know if changing those to steel rollers would improve sustain ...

Thanks for any help.

Aharon

It will, yes. Its not real dramatic but its a bit crisper sounding.

Wammi,I have a strat style guitar with a 2320.I love the guitar and the bridge.......I guess the rolles are brass and I wanted to know if changing those to steel rollers would improve sustain ...

Thanks for any help.

Aharon

It will, yes. Its not real dramatic but its a bit crisper sounding.

Thanks for the help man!!!

Aharon