ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on this bass when I get time. Basically trying to build a dark/light wood bass.

Spec

Body is Flame Sycamore with a Wenge top.

Neck 7 piece Wenge/Sycamore Mac Ebony board bound with Acrylic impregnated Birdseye Maple.Wenge headplate Sycamore Backplate and Ebony/Sycamore Heel.

ACG pickups possibly my new MM style pickup and a Jazz type.

Satin chrome hardware.

ACG filter pre-amp.

490324030_a0c553c656.jpg

ACG Gallery

Looks like business is doin' wonders lately. Every time I look there's a new bass in the works! Congrats! Also, that bubinga/ebony neck looks GREAT, not to mention it'll be stiff as hell and I bet have some great growl potential thanks to the eb.

Chris

I do have to say though... I don't agree with one aspect of your building....

Why would you ever put both a top and a back cap on a GORGEOUS black limba body!? :D

I WISH I could find more of this stuff... it's getting harder and harder to get. Not to mention when I was over in Germany last week NO ONE knew what it was... but they sure like their white limba... and CHEAP.

I guess that's why I don't build for other people... they'd tell me to cover up black limba and I'd tell them off hahahahaha.

Chris

When someone else is paying you to build them what they want I do my absolute best to give them what they want. The design's I don't change to any great extent and my own pickups and pre-amp are my preferred option in that department but the woods are entirely up to the customer unless it just won't work.

I just love black limba it is great to work with sounds great and looks brilliant the only downside is that it is getting difficult to get the good stuff with good colour and grain.

I have a few pieces which are quite heavy so I intend to make a chambered Limba bass no top or back. The limba I have for this is very nice indeed so I am sure you will approve when I get round to it.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I love how that swirly patch of grain almost follows the contour of the top of the wenge S type. I also love how the light colored wood is showing through just a little bit. I adds just a hair of contrast, and makes it really stand out. All of these are extremely inspirational. So now instead of havign a plan for about 8 future builds, this is making me want to build about another 3 dozen just off the top of my head. Well, when the wife starts carrying on about the pickup load of exotics, I am blaming ACG :D