ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alan,

Still waiting on date, should be in the new house around august. Got to get the Garage boarded out and spend around £1000 on new tools.

Cheers,

Robbie.

I sympathise, I have had to move into a room in my house,not ideal but hopefully short term. Moving the whole workshop was a major pain found several things I have been looking for for ages lost several new things. Buying new tools is always a treat even better if you can actually justify them.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

You guys across the pond sure are building some nice instruments. Just out of curiosity, skelf, what is the U.S. equivalent price to what you would charge for that Harlot? $3,000, $5,000? I can't afford it, but those basses are making me drool.

love the blue on the body and headstock, still never sure about stained necks though

Stained necks look awesome! I'm definitely staining all of my own Hard Maple necks in the future, the look is always unique!

Great job with the blue neck, I'll have to "borrow" that idea. :D

its probably just me!! - i have got so used to the very woody look of the ACG basses that colour looks a little out of place to me. Mind you, that goes for my own work too!!!

I must admit to prefering a nice bit of wood over a nice bit of staining, and that means i reckon the neck would look nicer in natural flamed maple over the blue

but customers want colours, so its something we have to do

Wez

I have done a few colours but like you I like the natural woods.

However I will wait to see how this one ends up as I am beginning to like it, the neck I would have left natural myself but the bass is not for me and it will be interesting to see the final effect.

alan