Guitar Amp

Acousticraft

You all need one of these when they are all finished

So which dovetail jointing system did you end up forking out for ? And is it any good ?

http://www.carbatec.com.au/store/index.php...170_10620_19822

Not what i was after, but $500 cheaper. My router (top-o-tha-wassa Makita) wont accept, or needed too many extra upgrade adapters to use the ones i wanted to buy. This one is cool, easy to use. I just have to build a proper thicknessed base for it now, but until then i can easily adjust the piece i originally cut. Probably took me two hours, or maybe slightly more (hard to say when you have to stop every ten minutes to answer the damn phone) to cut all 32 sections (tails and pins for 4 cabinets).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using a JMP-1 going through a Mesa Simul-class 2 Ninety into a 4X12 cab with an MPX 500 in the effects loop. Killer clean sound. I am also using a Vetta II combo which I love for recording. I have a Pod Pro and Bass Pod Pro which both stink. I’ve run them through my DBX 386 and have seen some improvement, but it still stinks. I don't us them anymore.

I play a Fender 75...

75 Watts out of 2 6L6s into a 15 inch speaker

Clean sound is nice... Reverb is rich but not overpowering... overdrive channel is... disgusting...

but I have a Ratt distortion unit that serves quite nicely.

So how much is shipping from Oz to the UK and do you do them in UK voltage?

Edited by The royal consort

I use a Carvin SX300 Head with an old Fender Cabinet with 2-12" Celestions. For as little as I play out, it does the job nicely. I still would like to grab a decent tube combo amp. I use a behringer v-amp pro for recording.

Ive used to have a marshall combo (mg30) but i gave it to my nephew, also gave him a little portable amp (another marshall) i like the battery powered ones as they dont make loads of noise and dont break my back when i want to move them.

now ive got a behringer gmx212, which has two big jensen speakers in the back (very loud) Link , but most of the time i use an Orange Micro crush (another portable) this thing has amazing tone and a clicky overdrive button ( i know some people will hate this crap, lol) the thing is pretty high quality for somthing the size of 2 cans of coke the distortion is very fuzzy as well for such a small amp, great for a practice amp and good as a backup (could run a mic to it then into a PA if you really had to), i might one day get an orange combo and see what im missing.

Edited by Samba Pa Ti

My amp is a Frenzel Champ Plus. It's a little 15 watt handwired, single-ended head based on the old Champ circuit and I love it. It sounds great with a TAD 6L6WGC. For the last six months I've had it wired directly to one of the 10 inch speakers in my old Fender Princeton Chorus which has otherwise sat idle since I bought the Frenzel. I have a Traynor YCX12-WR on the way. I'm really excited to hear how the amp sounds through a proper speaker!

I also have an old Valco with a pair of 6V6s. I recapped it a couple of years ago (used TAD mustard caps), but I'm still reluctant to lean on it too much, the thing is more than 50 years old!

I have sometimes yearned for a tube amp but it seems they need to be matched to the output sound level you require.

If you have a 30-50 watt tube amp and drive it to its optimum level then it is too loud for many situations and turned down don't sound as good. Put it through an attenuator and it kills the tone, so yes it is a tricky situation.

I have sometimes yearned for a tube amp but it seems they need to be matched to the output sound level you require.

If you have a 30-50 watt tube amp and drive it to its optimum level then it is too loud for many situations and turned down don't sound as good. Put it through an attenuator and it kills the tone, so yes it is a tricky situation.

nah, you just need to buy products from companies that care more about tone and quality, than dollars, and have taken the steps to develop a master volume system that ACTUALLY WORKS.

:D

nah, you just need to buy products from companies that care more about tone and quality, than dollars, and have taken the steps to develop a master volume system that ACTUALLY WORKS.

:D

hmmmm I wonder who he is talking about :D

Yeah who are you talking about? Which amp manufacturer?

Anyway I still like my Vox VT. Vox roxs! It is good enough for my intermediate level guitar playing.

Now if I could only play like Stevie Ray Vaughn it may well be a different story.

Edited by Acousticraft

Formerly a Peavey 5150 2x12 combo.

Now: Pod XT Pro to a Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2:50 power amp and two separate 1x12 Rocktron Velocity cabs. Well, actually I just sold off the cabs and I'm in the process of selling the Mesa power amp. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'd like to go back to the 5150 combo, but I sold it 9 months ago to buy the Mesa. I'm thinking I may also ditch the POD XT Pro and save up for a Hughes and Kettner Triamp and go back to pedals. The POD is nice, but I'm still having a hard time getting the tones I want.

Now: Pod XT Pro to a Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2:50 power amp and two separate 1x12 Rocktron Velocity cabs. Well, actually I just sold off the cabs and I'm in the process of selling the Mesa power amp. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'd like to go back to the 5150 combo, but I sold it 9 months ago to buy the Mesa. I'm thinking I may also ditch the POD XT Pro and save up for a Hughes and Kettner Triamp and go back to pedals. The POD is nice, but I'm still having a hard time getting the tones I want.

You should try out an Atomic... http://www.atomicamps.com :D

Wish I had known you wanted you a 5150 Joseph,

I sold one not long ago!!!

BTW you up to having lunch this weekend? Maybe Saturday around 1:00? Red Hot & Blue in Plano? Call me let me know?

Mike