Japanese Squier Supersonic (spangly Blue)

WezV

My girlfriend wants to sell her guitar to make some extra money.

It a squier supersonic from 1997. These guitars were part of the vista series of squier guitars and were made in the same japanese factory that made the MIJ fenders and the quality is as good as those fenders. Other guitars in the vista range have been re-issued and made in other facotries but this one was only made for about 2 years and value is slowly increasing - but she needs money now!

I think the body is basswood or alder - its finished in SPANGLY BLUE!!

neck is maple and rosewood with 24" scale and quite small fretwire. It has a large 70's style reverse headstock.

The pickups are apparently 'duncan designed', relatively high output humbuckers.

Controls are a 3-way switch and 2 volume controls . . . no tone

Here is a pictuer from google, i will try and get pictures of mine if anyone is interested

Super-Sonic.jpg

The body shape is basically a left hand jaguar with a slightly smaller body.

Its in really good condition because its hardly been played. I need to replace the 3-way switch because the one on it has snapped so i will put a high quality one on and can rewire the guitar with a tone control if somebody would prefer that. I also intend on doing a set-up before selling.

Anyway she is on about putting it on ebay for BIN £350 + postage, but we are open to offers.

Lets face it - probably not going to suit METAL but its pretty perfect for indie & grunge stuff

Anyone interested?

• 1 month later...

Well value was hard to judge because you dont see these coming up for sale often, Quality wise they are a japanese fender rather than a cheapo squier - everything i found suggested between £200-£350 depending on condition - so i offered this at £320 buy it now but started the auction at £200. They were £450 new in 1996 which was definately overpriced for the market but consistent with the japanese fenders at the time - we paid £200 in 1997.

It really wouldnt have been worth sending it to USA because of the exchange rate and apparently these can be picked up a lot cheaper in america anyway - about $200-400 if you can find one.

It sold last friday on ebay and we got £200 for it - which is definately a bargain price for the quality of these guitars but spangly blue isnt for everyone. It only had one bidder, but apparently that fellow had been looking for one of these for ages - now if only two people like that had seen it!!

anyway, at least we got to play it for ten years and then get all our money back