Build them... photo them...

Jehle

Okay, we're all guitarists here, we're also builders (beginning, pro, or otherwise). When I see these hand made guitars they look stunning, so I get to see photo's of them on the web. That's inspirational to continue working on my own stuff.

But, for something really unique (like the monsterous barritone 7 string), what does it sound like? I have no idea.

Since I've started out as a recording (bedroom) artist, moving into the realm of custom guitar building, I will be sure to have some sound samples of the complete guitar when it's done.

So, it is my humble request that if you guys have built something really unique, or just something that sounds sweet, post it as an MP3 somehow. Even a simple A power chord would be nice to demo the tone. That way I could see and hear these one of a kind guitars.

What do y'all think?

Hows this? Excuse the low bitrate, Yahoo briefcase has a fit when I try uploading big files. But even at 80kbs, you should get the general idea.

www.yahoo.com

Click on briefcase and use these :

name : bearsfiles

Pass: password

I called it BeARs song.

Recorded in Logic Audio Platinum, with DSP24/96 Sound card.

Rhythm guitars done with Johnson J Station direct,

Lead using Sure Beta of axis on a Peavey Tripple XXX head and celestion quad box w/crybaby.

Guitar was the OLP MM1 that I fitted the Floyd Rose to.

Drums care of some sample robbery and cut'n'paste. Dont tell any one. :D

I changed the last post, try the login and password to D/L the mp3.

Yep, that works. Thanks for the loggin stuff.

Damn nice tone. Metallica fan by any chance? :D)

Which guitar is that exactly? Has it been here on the forum or on Project Guitar somewhere else? Doh, nevermind. Blind Boy Billy just saw your list of equipment above. Still it would be nice to see a photo of the guitar.

Photos are there.

Groovy. Being so close to Xmas, lets hope I get everything I ask for. :D

Hard to believe that all that tone comes from an OLP. I nearly got a bass from them and decided on a Yamaha at the last minute.

Now to taunt Brian, I'd like to hear what he comes up with for that double neck tele he's been playing with. B)

I cant praise OLP highly enough.

They really are great value for money. And th p/ups sound just great for a budget axe, although santa might be bringing a couple of dimarzios here for christmas B) (gotta let my wife read this).

The J station has alot to do with the tone I get when recording. It has some fantastic amp sims. Especially the Rectifier one, tuned down a little.

Mee thinks santa better bring me a 7 string too. hehe.

Youll notice a slight fuzz at the silent part of the start, thats the Peavey XXX amp. The johnson is SILENT. I just thought Id use the Peavey because a friend left it here after practice one day....its not mine :D

Guest AlexVDL

Yeah me... but I used a Digitech 2120's cabinet simulator which sucks very much! So my sound isn't great...

Some songs where even recorded with a simple PC microphone in front of my cabinet.

Well you can download some of my old songs at my website under the music section.

I just recorded thunderstruck from ACDC just to see how the POD v.2.0 sounds. You can download it here!

Please don't mind the crappy soundblaster drums and bass! Oh yeah.. no lyrics either, just the guitars! I used my Gothic Mockingbird on this song... check out the guitar of the month of december :D

B)

Yeah me... but I used a Digitech 2120's cabinet simulator which sucks very much! So my sound isn't great...

Some songs where even recorded with a simple PC microphone in front of my cabinet.

Well you can download some of my old songs at my website under the music section.

I just recorded thunderstruck from ACDC just to see how the POD v.2.0 sounds. You can download it here!

Please don't mind the crappy soundblaster drums and bass! Oh yeah.. no lyrics either, just the guitars! I used my Gothic Mockingbird on this song... check out the guitar of the month of december :D

B)

I'm having a little trouble getting things to download from your site, but from what I can tell, you are a very accomplished player. I had a listen to "everything that could go wrong". you rock !

player wOOt

Hi Bill, the mp3's are full downloads, and the real files are streaming. Maybe you could visit my IUMA site where you also can choose for streaming mp3.

Cklick here to see my IUMA artist website

:D

Alex, I was able to download something! It's a little slow from this end, but at least it worked.

I have nothing bad to say at all. You have good tone, solid skills, and the arrangements are nice. What more could I ask for?!

Once I finish this kit project of mine, I'll have something to post. Delaying the gratification is tough. How you were ever able to make one from scratch in 2 weeks, I'll never know.

Guest AlexVDL

Well if you add up all the hours, I could have made it in 24 hours or less :D

The glue for the neck takes a few hours though...

But all in all I could have made it in one day rock