Heres To You, Guitar Center.

wwwdotcomdotnet

Stuff is made cheaper and cheaper every day. The only thing I'd never worry about buying a warranty on is a Mesa.

dont they have a standard warranty period anyway ?

most amps ive bought come with 5 year limited warrantys , whatever all that means i dont know but 5 years seems good to me.

most televisions ive bought only have a year warranty and the failure rate seems a lot higher with tv's wonder why this is...

:D over use :D

I've had a Hitachi TV for at least 8 years and its still going strong dispite me using it a lot.

ANYWAY I hope you get your cab fixed wwwdotcomdotnet, if not a short trip to the local hardware store to buy some all steel casters that will just screw to the bottom of your cab replacing the marshall ones will be in order I believe!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that the guy. Some told me the other night that they saw him working there recently but I he was wrong because I noticed last night that he has been out touring with his band Broken Teeth for awhile now. And Yeah I really like DT, I had a picture of me and him. We had the same tattoo so we took a picture together showing them. I think my ex girlfriend stole it because when I got rid of her the picture dissappeared.,

Hey Wes, doesnt Jason McMasters work over at MusicMakers in Austin?

I really don't think so.There was a guy named jason who was the guitar guy for a long time,but he was fairly good sized and had dark hair,and I could swear that the one time I saw Jason Mcmasters at The Back Room that he was way thinner and blonde...

what are the tabs for that? or what key is it in?

its very good :D

yeah i like it

the solo theame very dreamtheater in a very "about to crash" way

did you make the guitar sorry i didnt pick it up??

If you do not get this resolved here is the easiest way to help your situation.

Call the corporate office, usually you can google all the information, and ask for their executive customer relations office. If they do not have one, ask for the VP of Sales or President of the Company. You can also look for their email addresses on the internet. Once you escalate to these levels, they do not want to deal with it so they will usually just replace the item. What you are asking for is not unfair. You just want them to honor their obligation since they sold you this "insurance policy".

Sadly I have had to do this three times in my life and the results were always the same. I got what I wanted every time. I go through the normal channels first and no one wanted to correct the issues. After two months, I told the reps that since they were unable to resolve the issue, I would handle it myself. I googled the presidents of the three companies and found their names. Then I looked for how their email addresses were defined for the company. Like bob.jones@isp.com or b_jones@isp.com. Once I have the format I send a blind cc to variations of the name. Usually I get several bounce backs and one that goes through. I have had a phone call the next day from the executive customer relations group telling me how they were going to resolve my issue.

One example...I had a toshiba laptop that did not work right from bootup. I reloaded the OS 4 times and had errors on the install. I sent it back and they returned it a few days later. None of the issues I told them about were addressed. They changed the RAM out and said it was fine. Same issues. Login file always corrupt and you could not get to a windows screen or even get into safe mode. I told them I wanted a new laptop. After two months I got in touch with the VP of Customer Relations. I shipped the laptop to them and they determined the processor was defective. They shipped me a new laptop and upgraded it like you would not believe. The new laptop rocks!

Anyway try this as a last resort.

JUst saw this thread,

My experience with GC is this. My nephew wanted to buy an inexpensive guitar. You all know the one. The squire that I made my first build from using the neck. Well we went down to GC about 2 years ago, he played one and I played it. Was unbeleivable that it did not have much buzz from the singlecoils??? HAH!!! when he decided to purchase they took it in the back saying they needed to set it up. about 30 mins later we get the guitar. It is now payed for within the first 5 mins as it goes back for setup.

When we get home I notice that the screws for the pickguard are loose or some missing???? This was not the case when we had possesion of it before the so called (SETUP), let me tell you when that thing was plugged in after getting home, what a howl and buzzing it produced. I called them and they said. ( hey it's a Squire not an American made with higher quality parts, we use filtered power here, What do you expect?) Well I expect similar perfomance as in the store? Well I can't prove it, but I suspect that in order to sell them. ( The old bait and switch with a twist) they switched the pickguard (during the SETUP)with the original Squire and what we played was a setup that PG uses with good electronics. The solder joints for the jack were somewhat questionable in my opinion.

Well that's my take on GC and I haven't and will not ever be back.

Mike

JUst saw this thread,

My experience with GC is this. My nephew wanted to buy an inexpensive guitar. You all know the one. The squire that I made my first build from using the neck. Well we went down to GC about 2 years ago, he played one and I played it. Was unbeleivable that it did not have much buzz from the singlecoils??? HAH!!! when he decided to purchase they took it in the back saying they needed to set it up. about 30 mins later we get the guitar. It is now payed for within the first 5 mins as it goes back for setup.

When we get home I notice that the screws for the pickguard are loose or some missing???? This was not the case when we had possesion of it before the so called (SETUP), let me tell you when that thing was plugged in after getting home, what a howl and buzzing it produced. I called them and they said. ( hey it's a Squire not an American made with higher quality parts, we use filtered power here, What do you expect?) Well I expect similar perfomance as in the store? Well I can't prove it, but I suspect that in order to sell them. ( The old bait and switch with a twist) they switched the pickguard (during the SETUP)with the original Squire and what we played was a setup that PG uses with good electronics. The solder joints for the jack were somewhat questionable in my opinion.

Well that's my take on GC and I haven't and will not ever be back.

Mike

edited to add: had a senior moment last night when I wrote the above, I meant Hum not buzz LOL:))) Gettin older sucks!!

Edited by MiKro

Its been a week and a half since I went in and they told me theyd get back to me asap about getting the parts. I guess 10+ days is asap to GC. Needless to say I will be going in today and giving them an ultimatum: give me a refund, or replace the parts. if neither of those happens, they can kiss thousands of dollars in future sales goodbye and i will be dealing with a smaller store and paying a slight premium from now on.

this just sounds like what Pc world does (in the uk) awfull service, salespeople who dont know what they are talking about, rude staff and corrupt managers..

Yeah, that sounds about right. Staff is usually incompetent more so than rude. It's basically a glorified used car dealership and really nothing more.

And wwwdotcomdotnet, as for giving GC an ultimatum. It honestly will likely not matter. They really don't care.

As I believe already suggested, your best bet is to get rid of those cheap casters and replace them with real metal ones. In the long run, it would be your best effort instead of toying with getting junk replaced that will likely break again anyway.

the GC here is just as bad you cant get any service at all i went in to buy yes buy i already had my mind made up i was torn between a martin and taylor acoustics went to the service desk for a sales rep to talk with... guess what no one there... looked for 20 mins before finding any employee willing to help me.... the service i got was just ignorance...so i drove down the street and bought it at sam ash that same day.

this just sounds like what Pc world does (in the uk) awfull service, salespeople who dont know what they are talking about, rude staff and corrupt managers..

Yeah, that sounds about right. Staff is usually incompetent more so than rude. It's basically a glorified used car dealership and really nothing more.

And wwwdotcomdotnet, as for giving GC an ultimatum. It honestly will likely not matter. They really don't care.

As I believe already suggested, your best bet is to get rid of those cheap casters and replace them with real metal ones. In the long run, it would be your best effort instead of toying with getting junk replaced that will likely break again anyway.

I'm not as concerned with the actual replacement casters as I am with being cheated. If I do get replacements I am going to sell them anyways and get nicer ones and drill them into the cab. This is strictly personal now, I feel cheated and I want to make sure GC pays up for its end of the deal

After work today I went to Guitar Center. Who would have thought that "getting back to me ASAP" meant one and a half weeks? They completely lied to me about contacting Marshall. I walk in and ask for a manager. I wait, and wait, and wait. Twenty minutes pass while I am being patient on the outside but ready to smash a guitar in someone's face if they look at me the wrong way. Clearly the manager must be busy. I decide to walk back to where the offices are and I find the manager behind his closed door, doing absolutely nothing. Fantastic, but now I have someone cornered. I explain the situation (for the 302nd time) to him and he tells me he knows nothing of it. Great communication, Mr. Assistant Manager that promised me to tell the manager who would be the one to do something about it. I calmly and politely tell him he has an ultimatum: give me a refund on the replacement plan, or get me the parts. Now things get ugly. His face immediately turns to an upset frown and he tells me neither are possible as if I were a child. I then tell him I am not insulting him, and he does not need to insult me. He backs off, back to regular tone. Then I ask him why this isn't covered under the $70 plan I bought. He tells me its for if a wire comes undone inside, not wear and tear, that sort of thing. Clearly there is a hole in his arguement, so I exploit it. I ask him why a wire would come undone, and he says from bring it places, using it, etc. My response was isn't using the amp in general covered, as in the casters failing? He realizes he talked himself into a hole, and starts to find Marshall's number and calls them. Reluctantly he tells me GC will pay for my casters and the inserts, but its not something they normally do. Before I left I made sure he actually talked to the Marshall people, and put the order into the system, just in case they "forget" again. I was told I would have the parts within two weeks. Unlikely.

After all that I will absolutely be going to GC all the time still, but not to buy things. I'll test them out there and then buy them online.

They caused me to lose a little money. Had them special order some stuff. Weeks kept going by and they said it had not come in yet. Customer at the time was on my back, so I got him to shut up by saying I'd knock $5.00 off his bill for each additional week he has to wait (stupid of me, I know). 3 more weeks go by and finally they say my box had been in the manager's office for weeks, but everyone thought it was something for the manager (including the manager, until he finally read everything on the label).

I watched a film called "Falling Down" yesterday.

Maybe you could watch that for inspiration for how to deal with this situation if it doesnt work out :D

I've ordered things through GC foolishly in the past too. You give them money and it basically doesn't ever come, and they hope you forget about it. If one out of every 20 customers forgets about an item they ordered and doesnt get a refund if it doesnt come in, GC makes profit. I havent heard one good story about GC to ever look back.

In my experiance, the guitar center around me hires the shadiest looking characters. They always have to sweep your credit card twice for some reason (an open window for identity theft it seems). If I ever go there, it's just for strings or sticks (I'm mainly a drummer), and I always pay cash.

Here in San Antonio we have a Sam Ash across the highway from GC.

and I hate to say it, but I like the GC better than the sam ash.

Have you been in it in the last few weeks? They changed it quite a bit and it's a very nice store now. Thats employees may be better in sam ash, but GC does have a great selection.

They actually have a very decent selection of replacement parts (ie nut blanks, bridges, switches etc). So if you need something and don't want to wait for shipping from stewmac it's a great alternative.

Yeah its nice but everytime I go in there someone is beating the hell out of the drums or some kid that cant play the guitar, but thinks he can, and has the amp cranked to 11. So you have to yell at the salesmen when asking anything. And forget about trying anything cause its so loud from the wannabes that are not even buying anything. I liked it better when it was Hermes Music before GC bought them out.

I know what you mean pmarlin.

I went to my local GC recently to pick up some acoustic strings (first time I've ever been to it). So I go up to the counter and there is a guy sitting on a bench behind me with a guitar. Apparently he is an employee because he said if I have any questions just let him know. Anyway, I start asking the guy at the counter about some strings and the guy behind me (an employee, mind) starts playin' some extremely loud metal and I could barely hear the clerk. My dad, who is hard of hearing anyway, couldn't hear anything. I got so pissed off, but I held my tongue, bought the strings, and got out of there.

But, that aside, they have a very nice selection.

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy