Guitar Of The Month For June

Guitar of the month for June  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh man... I'm REALLY torn here... with #1 and the last one... the details on that explorer are stellar, pure execution. However, the carving guitar is just SO original, and still has some great execution and some cool insight on how a guitar SHOULD be done.

But... I gotta say, the win goes to the carving guitar.

Chris

Yeah, that was an extremely tough vote for me as well! They were all amazing. In the end I had to go with the V, which is amazing as I despise V's and always have. But that V is nice I like how it all flows together from the color to inlays to pup rings. It just works for me. The Priest Tribute is also very nice, I like everything about it especially the inlays and pinstripe. The mythical dream guitar is beyond me, I could never manage something as impressive as that, the carving is amazing, and the wooden pup cover is a great look. Tims guitar is beautiful also, I can never get enough wood, so I like that one a lot as well. Jabi's guitars are very cool too, I like the bottom cut on the rose one, interesting stuff. Gotta love this site, such inspirational work all around. From the moment I found this place I was hooked on building guitars as a hobby for life and every month I get more inspired better. Good luck all. J

Edited by jmrentis

i loved the priest tribute one!!

Oh man... I'm REALLY torn here... with #1 and the last one... the details on that explorer are stellar, pure execution. However, the carving guitar is just SO original, and still has some great execution and some cool insight on how a guitar SHOULD be done.

But... I gotta say, the win goes to the carving guitar.

Chris

+1

I really like the Mean Green V, something I'd definitely pick as a working guitar, but I just dig the carving on the Mythical Dream Guitar. Just the skill that goes into the hand carving is something I gotta give props to.

For me it came down to the mean green and the priest tribute. The priest tribute looks to be extremely well done, as does the mean green, so they tie there. But my tastes are more suited to the mean green. I mean, it is the first V I have ever liked, one I wouldn't be ashamed to play on stage.

CMA

DAMN!!! Mean Green came close BUT I had to do doomlord - Priest Tribute :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I went for the V as I don't normally like them but I thought that it looked really well executed. The carve guitar is great, it was a very close second for me, mostly because of the strap button "butt plug" :D The last one was also really clean & would also be a very worthy winner but not quite my thing.

First off, I gotta say hats off to the LED side fret markers on the Priest Tribute. Anyone who's ever played on a dark stage knows what a life saver those would be. However, I have to give the nod to Mythical Dream. Though all the other entires were awesomely done builds, Mythical Dream is just so unique, and so utterly far beyond my simple skills, it just has to win. I will add a caveat to my vote. Dream only wins if I'm showing off the guitar in a hermetically sealed glass case. Otherwise, for actual use, Priest Tribute would get the nod.

The carve guitar is great, it was a very close second for me, mostly because of the strap button "butt plug" :D

LOL, :D ! I honestly, didn't even notice those, damn I need to change my vote now, that feature alone should ensure it's victory. That is a wicked build all in all, I think the headstock is cool, ferrules definately give it a different look from tuners and the wooden pickup cover is super clean. Good stuff!

70sguy - love the idea and i really like the carving and artwork - i cant help but feel the theme should carry on over the whole guitar. I would have loved to see the design echoed in a fretboard inlay and maybe something up near the headstock. Especially since you state that this is more artwork than a players guitar. Also i am not sure i like the way the bridge overhangs the body at the rear end.

Tim ado - i really like the sandwich and wood choice but the body shape doesnt do much for me - i keep getting drawn into where the cutaways meet the neck , 20th fret on the treble side and 21st on the bass. It seems to make the bottom horn look clunky

jabi - red devil - i like the way the red colour and the wood on the body work togther, i think it looks really cool in the cutaways. I also like the dark wood inlays on the maple fretboard.. . . however the transition from fretboard to locking nut ruins it for me.

Jabi - rose- i like the concept and again think the colours you have chosen work really well together. The middle pickup swimming pool and oversized neck support/pocket need to be sorted for GOTM standard.

Bnichols - personally i think this could do with a little less inlay and i think the binding needs to be creamier to really bring out the green of the guitar - i am really being picky here, its pretty damn perfect - still think i prefer v's less ornate though.

Doomlord - cant say i like the shape but the execution is very good, love the inlays and the fretlights. not much else to fault

For me it had to be the Vee

Tough vote (as if no one has this difficulty!). Each one has its attributes. Beautiful jobs all around!. Some fantastic inlays, paint jobs, carvings, and some cool innovations. Normally I like clean lines and things understated like Tim Ado's bass but my vote had to go to 70's guys use of the caving that seemed fused to the body. I did not consider playability there, as I could see my hand whacking the carving all of the time. Perhaps next time I'll be a bit more discerning in my choice. Good luck to all of you and congrats to the winner!